I was born and raised in Buenos Aires, but I have been a nature and outdoor lover since I was a child. I have a great passion for photographing pristine, unspoiled landscapes that keep me moving to discover new hidden gems.
I studied tourism in college and have spent the last 22 years working in the travel industry. My incredible job has allowed me to live out my passion for travel through countless amazing journeys: trekking in Torres del Paine, walking on the glaciers in El Calafate, driving through the Puna and the Jungle in the Argentinean Northwest, tasting delicious wines in Mendoza, trekking the Inka Trail, experience luxury cruises to get to mythical Cape Horn, among others.
I feel very exciting helping others by sharing my experience to discover this part of the world, and I look forward to keep on creating the most unforgettable and unique travel experiences.
What places and activities do you specialize in?
"- Iguazu Falls : including Yacutinga Lodge & Puerto Bemberg
- Northwest of Argentina (Salta and Jujuy) including Puna Catamarqueña and some none spoiled areas such as Tolar Grande in Salta appart from the most well known areas (Salinas Grandes in Jujuy, Quebrada de Humahuaca, Salta, Jujuy, Tucuman,) as well as some of the local celebrations such as Casabindo, Diablada in Carnival, etc.
- Mendoza several times including some wineries such as Ruca Malen, Benegas, Salentein, Clos de Chacras, Altus, Cecchin, Andeluna among others.
- Neuquen : Caviahue and the lake area Villa Pehuenia
- Bariloche, San Martin de los Andes and Villa la Angostura - the lake district
- El Calafate, El Chalten including Estancia Cristina, Estancia Nibepo Aike, Estancia Alta Vista among others.
- Rio Grande and Ushuaia including Estancia Rivadavia and Australis Cruise to Punta Arenas via Cape Horn.
- Comodoro Rivadavia including Bahia Bustamente, Peninsula Valdés including Estancia La Elvira.
- Buenos Aires estancias : in Areco: Rosario de Areco, La Bamba, Bella Vista de Guerrero mong others.
- Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu, Inka Trail
- Torres del Paine National Park
- Puerto Varas, Puerto Montt, Skorpios Cruise Ship, Pucon
- Santiago de Chile, Valparaiso, wine and beach district
- Colonia del Sacramento, Montevideo and Punta del Este
- Rio de Janeiro, Ilha Grande, Porto Seguro, Praia da Pipa, Fortaleza, Jericoacoara, Natal, Salvador de Bahia."
How did you get involved in travel?
"I`ve learned from my parents that teach me since I was a child that traveling is one the best ways to grow and learn by meeting other cultures. "
Please share a unique travel experience you will never forget.
"Getting to Cape Horn, paddling on the Beagle Channel, driving across 40 Road in the Northwest of Argentina, Trekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier, sailing with the whales, get wet at the Iguazu Falls, trekking the Inka Trail."
Featured trips & expertise
If you're looking to do a deep-dive into northwestern Argentina, this trek gives you access to a gorgeous region of towering mountains and deep valleys, and the chance to immerse yourself in high-altitude communities that can only be reached on foot. With no one major site to work up to but rather a full ten days of extraordinary places, on this trip, the journey really is the destination.
Enjoy your first romantic retreat as a newly married couple on this unforgettable trip to Chile. This 10-day itinerary combines city life, nature hikes, and wine tasting — the perfect mix for a fantastic and unique honeymoon. Lose yourselves in the cosmopolitan city of Santiago, explore the stunning landscape of southern Patagonia, and hike in the amazing Torres del Paine National Park. Along the way, you'll drink wine at a charming vineyard and go horseback riding in the Rosario Valley.
This 16-day itinerary combines cultural and historical highlights of Argentina, Chile, and Peru, from city life and wine tastings to the Incan Empire and natural scapes. Walk the bustling streets of Buenos Aires and taste Malbec in the wineries of Mendoza. Tour Santiago de Chile and gaze upon the snow-capped Andes. Immerse yourself in the Cusco region and discover the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu.
Explore the geysers, volcanoes, valleys and salt flats of San Pedro de Atacama. Discover the unique lake district including the Osorno Volcano, the tiny town of Frutillar and the mythical Chiloe Island.
Immerse yourself in the colorful tiny town of San Pedro de Atacama and discover geysers, volcanoes, valleys, and salt flats amidst the arid Chilean desert. Lose yourself in the cosmopolitan city of Santiago, walk through its many squares, and marvel at the diverse architecture that makes this city a unique metropolis in Latin America all while being wowed by the grandeur of the Andes.
Discover the famous Machu Picchu ruins and the Amazon rainforest in Peru, immerse yourself in the Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, and explore Iguazu Falls and Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina. This 3-week itinerary combines each country’s natural highlights with the cosmopolitan cities of Lima, Santiago, and Buenos Aires.
Recent trip reviews for Silvia
Wonders of chile - 14 days, Chile - Nov 2 - Nov 18, 2018
Silvia and the team at Argentina / Chile on the Go are great. Silvia designed a 16 day trip for us to see the highlights of Chile including Atacama, Santiago, the Chilean Lake District, Torres del Paine and Easter Island. Everything went according to plan and without any hiccups. Thank you Silvia!
Explore northern argentina - 9 days, Argentina - Jul 10 - Jul 16, 2018
This trip was a good experience. I'm glad we chose the northwest of Argentina because it has many beautiful things. I would have preferred to be told how long it was to get to the Parque del Rey. It was about 4 hrs just together and once there even more time in the truck to go to different places where we actually did not see the animals that are typical of the area. Few birds and a type of Dorado fish. Just that for such a long trip back and forth. I would not recommend it to anybody. The best parts of the trip were Salta, Purmamarca, Humahuaca, salinas grandes.