Ngima Dorji Sherpa runs his travel company Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails out of Kathmandu, Nepal. Ngima was born in a remote village called Pangom, in the Everest Region of Nepal. As a young boy he started work as a porter, carrying heavy loads for trekkers, and then worked his way up to become a guide, before he started his own adventure travel company in 1997.
In this episode we talk about
- How Ngima started to work as porter to support his family
- How his hard work led to an invitation to visit the UK
- How hard work often leads to "luck"
- Ngima's company Nepal Myths and Mountain Trails
- The Everest Region of Nepal and its trekking opportunities
- Ngima's charity work in Kharikola and neighboring villages, building schools, a medical post, a clean drinking water installation and a Buddhist monastery