Must sees in Bali - Jul 7 - Jul 12, 2018
Had a terrific experience with Ayu and also with Leni our tour guide and driver. I have some feedback which is given with the intent to help you in the future with travellers visiting Bali and how to better serve them!!
(1) Travel Truama is a real thing in Bali - it takes a very long time - on average 60 - 120 minutes to get from one temple or sight to Ubud or to another temple or sight.
(2) On Day One - we saw two temples: Tirta Empul and Gunung Kawi and were meant to go to Tegalalang and Fire Dance and dinner. We probably spent 4 hours in the car getting to and from these locations. We had to drop the Fire Dance and were never going to get to Tagalalang as it was late and we were road weary
(3) On the second day we drove 2 hours to get out of Ubud and to Kintamani volcano,
temple Ulun Danu Batur, Les Village (for snorkeling). Again - on that day we spent at least 5 hours in the car to get to and from these places which limited our time when we actually got to them.
(4) Day three: Batu Karu Temple and Jatiluwih and we also got to the Tegalalang. We easily spent another 5 hours in the car. We spent more time in the car these three days combined than at the locations we were driving too.
(5) We ended up not doing the Nyambu Village - as once we got to Bali Eco Stay - we realized that the next day would have taken us 5-6 hours in the car. Not what we wanted.