Moroccan cities of the north - 5 days, Morocco - Jul 28 - Aug 2, 2019
1. Pre-travel - fantastic
2. Arrival - we were conned by the money changer (Global Exchange at the airport) - to purchase a debit card (cost 299 MAD - non-refundable) - for safety reason - the lady try to push us to buy 4 cards (one each) - which luckily we declined but still lost 299 MAD for the useless card.
3. Muhammad Ruzaidi dropped out his wallet from the Airport door to the car.
Casablanca - Meknes- Fes - OK - expensive lunch.
4. 2 nights at Riad Norma - OK
5. Riad Norma itself - the room is old and musty with stale potpourri smell - would rather have a neutral smell in the room. Mdm Monique and her staff were very attentive though. Overall, very personal experience with super extensive breakfast.
6. Fes day tour - OK expensive lunch.
7. Fes to Chefchaouen - stop by at Volubilis - OK
8. Chefchaouen - optional guided tour - OK
9. Chefchaouen - one night stay at a very nice Riad Cherifa ( even though not as personal as Riad Norma) and nice breakfast.
10. Chefchaouen to Rabat - nice reasonably priced lunch at Mister Rotisserie. Rabat city tour - OK
11. Rabat to Casablanca - Casablanca city tour - OK
12. Stay at Odyssee Center Hotel - nice (relatively small) room - they were nice enough providing us with packed breakfast since we checked out at 6am. The front desk was not able to release the blocked 3000MAD fund from my Visa due to bad internet connection. As a result 3000MAD was deducted from my card - yet to get the reimbursement from them.
12. Casablanca to Airport - OK
1. Driver - Muhammad - fantastic - punctual all the time and the van was very comfortable.
2. Overall food is quite pricey
3. Get back the missing wallet at the airport (fantastic - very amanah!)
4. Good support from kimkim