Awesome family trip to Colombia - Feb 23 - Mar 2, 2020
We had an amazing family trip to Colombia thanks to Margoth and her team. We were a party of 7, including children and grandparents, and we wanted to get a taste of everything that Colombia has to offer in an 8 day trip. Already at the planning stage Margoth completely understood what we were looking for in terms of activities, culture, nature, hotels and comfort. She put together a great trip for us and we just had to click “yes” and everything was booked and organised for us. Our trip took us to the coffee region, Cartagena and the Rosario islands.
Here are some of the highlights of our trip:
- Cócora valley; a fantastic nature experience and hike with a private local guide and a visit to the beautiful village of Salento.
- Interesting visit to a coffee farm with a private guide including a coffee tasting.
- Amazing city and great food. All the restaurant bookings that Margoth and her team had prepared for us, were great!
- Bovedas de Santa Clara: Super charming hotel with apartment like rooms fitting up to 6 people with a great location in the old town.
- Entertaining chocolate making workshop (particularly fun for the kids).
- Highly recomendable private cooking class for the whole family in an authentic French-Caribbean food restaurant in Getsemani.
- The trip out to islands was fun for everyone
- The natural aquarium is a “must see” for adults and children
- A nice bike ride and kayak trip with the children on isla grande
The colours, the food, the people and the service in Colombia are all fabulous.
We were so well taken care of by Margoth and her team and felt very safe throughout our whole trip. She contacted us every day to make sure we were happy. At every turn we had someone waiting for us to take us to our next activity and adventure. All bookings were made for us, and when we decided to change one night on the islands for one night in Cartagena, Margoth and her team did everything in their power making it happening for us on a few hours notice.
We will definitely use KimKim again and we warmly recommend Margoth and her team for anyone looking for a special and tailor made trip to Colombia.