Hidden Treasures of Sri Lanka - 14-Day Cycling Tour - Jan 10 - Jan 22, 2019
• The archaeological sites. The English-speaking guides were excellent.
• Cycling off the beaten track (except for the Horton Plains descent)
• The Temple of the Tooth Relic
• Sri Lankan food- especially at local restaurants
• Mountain scenery
• Horton Plains walk
• Udawalawe Big Game Camp and Safari
• Cycle through Sinharaja forest
• Meeting local people and school kids.
Our cycling guide, Manjual, was very hard working, easy going, and a joy to travel with. His organizational skills were excellent, and he responded to unforeseen incidents very well. He was a strong cyclist with good cycle maintenance skills. He was honest and trustworthy, and very resourceful and always concerned about safety. His positive personality is his key strength and he worked hard to make sure we were happy and had a good time.
Our driver Santha was easy going and a very careful and safe driver. He also helped out on other tasks and fit in with the group very well. A good person to have on a tour and we were happy with him.