Easiest Trip I've Ever Taken!
Apr 10 - Apr 27, 2023
One of the best things we ever could have done was worked with Liz to organize our trip to Australia and New Zealand. The process of organizing our trip (hotels, transfers, events) was so much easier working through Liz as it narrowed down the millions of options and she kept us within a reasonable amount of our budget. What really stood out was when our flight to Australia was completely canceled. Between Liz and Leslie in Australia, they helped reorganize our trip, working with the tour companies to ensure our trip was still amazing. They were both so helpful and we would have been so much more stressed without them during that time. Also, Liz was able to coordinate our tours so that all but maybe two tours picked us up at our hotel, eliminating the need for a rental car everywhere we went.
A couple highlights for others planning to go to Australia and New Zealand who love the outdoors:
- Explore the Gardens
- Do a harbor cruise at night, the views are worth it!
- Full Day Blue Mountains Tour -> One of the top things we did, the most amazing day and most amazing guide
- Great Barrier Reef is a must, Passions of Paradise was the company we took and the experience and what we learned was amazing!
- Wait-a-while Evening Rainforest Tour was amazing! The guide was so knowledgable and friendly!
- We rented a car and did the Australia Zoo ourselves which was perfect because we got there right when it opened and left just as is was closing. You need a whole day!
- Afternoon Wilderness Experience
- We did a shared tour to Hobbiton that dropped us off in Rotorua, cutting down on travel time which was great!
- Mitai Maori Village Cultural Experience was a must to learn about the culture and the history of New Zealand
- Loved the Regent of Rotorua Boutique Hotel, it was central and near tons of places to grab a bite to eat!
- The Rydges Lakeland Resort was stunning and made it easy to walk to places in Queenstown
- Full Day Routeburn Hike --> Absolutely stunning!
- Milford Sound
- Full Day Funyak Safari Trip --> So much fun! JJ led our group as we kayacked down the Dart River and was just so much fun to chat with and explore!
Absolutely stunning hotel and room! Staff was super friendly and helpful. Fabulous location!
Good location, clean and spacious room, small company. Nothing is included in the cost of the room (bathroom amenities, cost to wash pool towels, laundry cost was $8).
Lots of construction happening outside the hotel so we didn't do a lot of exploring outside. Rooms and staff were kind, breakfast included.
Loved the location next to a bunch of restaurants, easy walking location around town. Super cute and modern hotel, a gem in Rotorua!
Great location, unique atmosphere!