A boutique hotel with an eclectic European style on Bergen's main pedestrian plaza.
Sister property of the Hotel Oleana around the corner, this smaller 34-room hotel is situated directly on Bergen’s main pedestrian plaza. Rooms are decorated with bold contemporary furnishings, while some have seated balconies facing the action. Breakfast is served on the lower level with organic options, and it’s an easy stroll to restaurants and attractions. The art nouveau lobby is a charming spot for sipping a drink from the full bar behind the front desk.
Lilly Graves kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, August 2022 (Learn more)
- Enjoy a modern boutique hotel on the main pedestrian plaza in Bergen, blocks from the waterfront and top attractions.
- The eclectic lobby offers a full bar, a book exchange, and charming seating areas.
- Standard rooms have hardwood floors, mini-fridges, and local bath products, while superior rooms offer kettles and street views.
- Free breakfast is served each morning on the French-inspired lower level, with thoughtful presentations and quality pastries baked in-house. There are also options that appeal to a range of dietary restrictions.
- The rooms’ bold colors and frosted-glass bathrooms (separating bathrooms from the rooms) might turn off some travelers.
- There is no on-site restaurant for lunch and dinner but plenty of options in the surrounding streets.
AuthenticityThere is a distinct boutique hotel vibe upon arrival from the busy pedestrian street, with black and white tiles and a stunning stained glass ceiling purchased at an auction all the way from Amsterdam. Guests can help themselves to the bookshelves and seating areas, topped with flickering candles, and order an espresso or something stronger from the front desk. If it’s raining, you can rent an umbrella from a station near the front door. This is the smallest property in the Nordic Choice Hotels & Resorts, a major hotel brand that focuses on staff training and sustainability.
LocationHotel No13 has a prime location directly on the Torgalmenningen pedestrian plaza in the heart of the city. Guests will find that many of the city’s attractions are within a 15-minute walk away from the hotel, including art museums, the Fish Market, the UNESCO-listed Bryggen wharf, and the Fløibanen Funicular for panoramic views of the city. As for transfers, the location is also a 10-minute walk to Bergen’s central train station, as well as bus and tram transfers to the airport. A nearby parking garage allows hotel guests to receive discounted daily rates for parking.
Rooms & BathroomsAn elevator and stairwell reach the 34 modern rooms with hardwood-style flooring, white walls, and accents in a rainbow of bold colors. Though the decor scheme may not appeal to everyone, the rooms are clean and well taken care of. Standard rooms face the rear courtyard and have minifridges, while superior rooms have plaza views and kettles for coffee and tea. Deluxe rooms have additional seating areas and might include bathtubs and/or seated balconies facing the street for people watching on the plaza below. Families can choose the rooms with sofa beds, while one suite on the top floor has a sleek glass ceiling with a remote-control blind.
SustainabilityThis is the smallest property among the Nordic Choice Hotels and Resorts group—a company that operates an extensive sustainability program called WeCare with initiatives in place at each property that aim to reduce its environmental impact. In 2019, all of the hotels stopped using unnecessary plastic products. Future initiatives will focus on reducing food waste and powering hotels with renewable energy.
+47 55 36 13 09