- Taste wine at the top three wine regions in the Cape
- Climb to the top of Table Mountain by cable car
- Spot the Big Five at Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Enjoy sundowners in Johannesburg's city center
- Lounge on the white sand beaches in Mauritius
|Day 1||Arrive in Cape Town||Cape Town|
|Day 2||Private Winelands Tour||Cape Town|
|Day 3||Full Day Tour of Scenic Cape Peninsula||Cape Town|
|Day 4||Tour City Center - Table Mountain and Robben Island||Cape Town|
|Day 5||Transfer to Manyeleti Game Reserve||Manyaleti Game Reserve|
|Days 6-8||Safari Day||Manyaleti Game Reserve|
|Day 9||Transfer to Johannesburg||Johannesburg|
|Day 10||Arrive in Mauritius||Mauritius|
|Days 11-14||Day on Leisure||Mauritius|
Day 1: Arrive in Cape Town
After arriving in Cape Town, your driver will transfer you to your hotel (Commodore Hotel) where you will spend the next five nights as you explore what many believe is South Africa's most beautiful city.
This evening, after you have rested and settled in, you may want to head out for drinks and dinner at Long Street or Bree Street (home to many bars and restaurants facing the vibrant street) or visit the famous V&A Waterfront.
Day 2: Private Winelands Tour
After breakfast, you will be collected for a private full-day tour to world-renowned wine estates in the breathtaking Wineland region. You'll explore the picturesque and historic towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, and Paarl which all have something unique to offer travelers.
Today's itinerary includes:
- A visit to the quaint, university town of Stellenbosch with its unique historical architecture and collection of wine estates.
- Exploring Franschhoek with its majestic mountain vistas and centuries-old vineyards.
- Paarl, an authentic Afrikaans town in the Cape, and the third-oldest town in South Africa.
- A drive past natural and historic heritage sights such as the Afrikaans Taal Monument.
- Wine tastings at three different world-renowned wine estates including a cellar tour.
Day 3: Full Day Tour of Scenic Cape Peninsula
After breakfast, a private transfer will collect you for your full-day private tour of the scenic peninsula.
Today, prepare yourself to take in Cape Town’s magnificent coastline, fynbos-covered mountains, and indigenous wildlife on this scenic adventure. You will get to climb the iconic lighthouse at Cape Point, get up close and personal with penguins at Boulder’s Beach, and admire rare plants in Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
The itinerary includes:
- Discovering unforgettable views at Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- Visiting Cape Point Nature Reserve including the famous lighthouse with views of the dramatic sea below.
- Going to Simon's Town, where you will visit the penguin colony in Boulder's Beach and the town's historic naval base.
- Taking a trip to Hout Bay where you can indulge in fish and chips for lunch as well as meeting the friendly seals at the harbor.
- Viewing South Africa's incredible flora and fauna, lovely views of the surrounding mountains, and discovering the state of the art aerial walkway at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
Day 4: Tour City Center - Table Mountain and Robben Island
Today, you will enjoy breathtaking views over Cape Town from the cable car as you go up to Table Mountain. You will also learn about Cape Town’s colonial past and the years of apartheid when you visit historic landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope and Nelson Mandela's prison of 27 years, Robben Island.
This itinerary includes:
- Visiting the top of Table Mountain with unbelievable views over Cape Town by cable car.
- Viewing the vibrant colored buildings of Bo-Kaap at the Malay Quarter.
- Discovering charming restaurants and cafés, squirrels in the Company Gardens, the authentic stalls in Greenmarket Square as well as the vibrant atmosphere of Cape Town's city center.
- Visiting the Castle of Good Hope, a famous bastion built by colonizers in the 1600s.
- Enjoying a boat trip across Table Bay to Robben Island where you'll have a scheduled tour with an ex-political prisoner through this historic maximum-security prison including visiting Nelson Mandela's old cell.
- Taking a 45-minute guided bus ride through the city.
Customize your trip with help from a local travel specialist.
Day 5: Transfer to Manyeleti Game Reserve
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Cape Town International Airport, where you will board your scheduled flight to Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit, Limpopo. At your arrival in Hoedspruit, you'll be met and transferred to the Manyeleti Game Reserve to stay at Honeyguide Khoka Moya Tented Camp for four nights. This full board basis will include bush walks, game drives, supplied water in the tent, a sunset stop, community levy, and park fees.
The Sabi Sand, the Timbavati, and the Manyeleti private game reserves all share an open border with the Kruger so that the animals move freely between the reserves. Some of the world’s finest game lodges are found in these private reserves together with some less well-known bush camps.
You'll get the chance to enjoy game drives in an open-vehicle led by an experienced ranger and a local Shangaan tracker. They will work together to bring you up close to the wildlife as well as to help you develop a deeper understanding of the natural cycles of the bush. The drives are usually early in the morning or in the later afternoon since this is when the animals are most active. You'll also be able to enjoy a sunset in the bush before going on a night safari where you'll follow the nocturnal animals as they start hunting. This three-hour drive is a thrilling opportunity to see Africa's big wildlife up close.
After arriving at the lodge, you can take some time to relax and have a drink at the bar to unwind or you may choose to enjoy a swim or walk around the lodge. The evening meal is usually served in an authentic boma setting.
Days 6-8: Safari Day
Over the next three days, you'll have the chance to spot the Big Five during a morning and afternoon game drive.
Immediately after your early morning tea or coffee, you'll head out for the game drive. The animals usually rise fairly early to hunt before the day warms up. After this two to three-hour game drive, you'll return to the reserve in time for a late breakfast. If you're up for a guided walk after breakfast, a ranger will be able to take you an unforgettable up-close experience. The guided walks are great for spotting smaller bush inhabitants such as birds, insects, butterflies, trees, flowers, and grasses as well as the geology and ecology of the reserve. You will, of course, also spot some of the game on the walk and maybe even the Big Five.
After lunch, there will be another game drive, with the chance to spot more (and different) game than the earlier game drive.
Day 9: Transfer to Johannesburg
After a final morning game drive and breakfast, you will be transferred to Hoedspruit, where you'll catch a flight to Johannesburg. A driver will meet you at the airport to transport you to the African Rock Hotel.
If you have some time, you can explore the vibrant city by visiting Maboneng Precinct, Soweto township, the Apartheid Museum, enjoy sundowners at Sandton City, or opt for another activity of your choice.
Day 10: Arrive in Mauritius
After breakfast, you'll be transferred to the airport where you will board your flight to Mauritius.
On arrival at Mauritius Airport, a driver will meet you and take you to Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa, where you'll spend the next five nights.
After checking in, you can spend a few hours relaxing on the white sand beach and enjoy the fresh sea breeze that blows year-round.
The accommodation is fully inclusive and includes all meals, afternoon tea as well as a selection of drinks such as house wines, local beer and spirits, cocktails, juices, mineral water, tea, and coffee. The mini-bar with drinks will be restocked once a day.
Days 11-14: Day on Leisure
Your time in Mauritius is free for you to kick your feet up as you enjoy the sun or swim in the ocean. You may also choose to book time at the spa or explore the island.
Suggested activities include:
- Visit Bras d'Eau National Park which is rich in natural flora and fauna, has a mango orchard and monkeys roaming around the park. This historical park, with remnants from the French colonial period, is a great spot for hiking.
- Book a boat cruise and enjoy the scenic views of the island and crystal water.
- Go to a local food market in Port Louis where you'll find an abundance of fresh fruit.
- Enjoy a morning of snorkeling to discover the vibrant colors of the fish and corals.
Day 15: Departure
After breakfast, you'll head to the airport for your scheduled flight to Johannesburg, where you'll board your international flight home.