Take ten days to share some of Greek's most popular spots with your whole family on this itinerary. You'll start in Athens with some park strolls and storytelling atop the Acropolis. Then head to the Cyclades islands for some beach time and cooking classes in Naxos, followed by guided strolls to some of the best views Santorini has to offer.
- Perhaps the best way to enjoy the Caldera views is along the Fira to Oia Walking Path. This route runs underneath the island's main road, offering a peaceful and quiet stroll while enjoying endless, uninterrupted views. Although hiking from Fira to Oia is a great experience, you don't have to trek the entire trail to reap the benefits. An excellent entry point is at the Pantheon between Imerovigli and Oia. From here, enjoy a short, easy, and mostly downhill walk with amazing views.
- One of the island's best spots for sunset is Skaros Rock, an impressive rock formation that juts out into the sea. The views require a short hike from the trailhead at Imerovigli.
- If you're interested in savoring those perfect panoramic views of Santorini without the crowds, visit the Monastery of Prophet Elias. This is the highest point on the island, so you'll get a 360-degree view of the sea, rocky cliffs, and white-washed villages.
- To catch views of Santorini's entire crescent-shaped Caldera, you can hop on a quick 30-minute ferry to Thirassia. Thirassia is one of the remote volcanic islands set within the crater, and you'll find the best views on your walk up to its hilltop village.
- Lastly, ditch the crowds completely and head out to Akrotiri Lighthouse on the island's southwestern tip. The 19th-century lighthouse offers another great sunset spot.
Itineraries with Discover the Best View Spots of Santorini
Get out into the Greek islands with your school-age children on this 10-day trip. You'll start with an introduction to some of the country's most famous myths and landmarks in Athens before you head out to sea. Your first island stop is Paros, known for its beaches and open blue waters, then head to the whitewashed architecture and cliffside sunsets of Santorini before you return to Athens.
See some of the most popular spots in Greece with this one-week itinerary for the whole family. You'll start in Athens, where you can listen to Classical myths atop the Acropolis, practice your athleticism in the home of the first modern Olympics, and learn to cook Mediterranean-style. Then jet off to Santorini for sunset views and relaxation on the sand.
This two-week itinerary will take your whole family to some of Greece's most popular spots on both land and sea. You'll start on the mainland, with a mythology experience in Athens followed by an excursion to the clifftop monasteries in Meteora. Seek Apollo's oracle at the ruins of Delphi, then head out to the islands. Enjoy the island-grown cuisine and beaches of Naxos, then hike the Santorini caldera before you return to Athens to watch the sun set over the Temple of Poseidon.