Cosmopolita Hotel Boutique & Spa, Platja d'Aro
Straightforward beachfront hotel with a spa, rooftop terrace, and outdoor pool
Cosmopolita Hotel Boutique & Spa lets you stay right on the beach, a surprisingly rare find in Platja d'Aro. Not many rooms feature direct sea views, but those that do also offer seating areas, furnished balconies, and/or Jacuzzi tubs in the bathrooms. You'll find multiple eateries on the property, plus a rooftop terrace with an outdoor pool. Guests can also relax at the spa or on the upper sundeck with a bar.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, October 2022 (Learn more)
- This hotel is one of the few recommendable beachfront properties in Platja d'Aro.
- The spa offers a water circuit, plus a sauna, aromatherapy rooms, and a treatment menu with massages and facials.
- You'll find three eateries at the hotel, including a Japanese restaurant, a seaside bar, and a tapas bar on the upper terrace (an excellent spot for sunset drinks).
- The rooftop pool is a nice amenity, surrounded by sun loungers, sun beds, and sea views.
- Families and groups can inquire about apartment options in the hotel's sister property down the street, Cosmo Apartments Platja d'Aro, though it's not beachfront.
- Though a beachfront property, only one smaller side of the hotel faces the seaside, so most of the rooms (even those with balconies) don't face the coast.
- The exterior and general interiors don't feel specific to the region and lack local character and flair.
AuthenticityYou won't find too many authentic properties in Platja d'Aro, as the goal here is just to be on the beach. Though the hotel feels a bit generic, it does celebrate those sea views and the relaxed Mediterranean vibes with its spa, beachfront bar, and rooftop terrace.
LocationEnjoy staying right on the beach, as Cosmopolita Hotel sits directly on La Platja Gran in Platja d'Aro, a seaside city about 25 minutes south of Begur via car. The tradeoff is that you won't be in a charming old town. Still, you can rent a car or hire a transfer to take you to numerous nearby villages, including Girona (40 minutes), Calella de Palafrugell (20 minutes), and Tossa de Mar (30 minutes).
Rooms & BathroomsThough the hotel calls all its rooms "suites," you'll need to book at least a superior room to enjoy suite-like amenities, such as seating areas. Some offer sea views and/or balconies; all feature air conditioning, minifridges, and bathrobes. Upgraded suites add sofas, furnished terraces, dining rooms, and/or Jacuzzi tubs in the bathroom. Keep in mind that only one side of the hotel faces the beach, so book early if you want direct sea views. If traveling with family or friends, ask about booking an apartment down the street at the hotel's sister property, though it's not beachfront.
Other HighlightsFor the best views at the hotel, head up to the rooftop terrace, where you'll find an outdoor pool with sun beds and sun loungers for relaxing. Or, enjoy your time on the upper deck, where you can gaze out over the Mediterranean Sea while enjoying tapas, cocktails, and regional wine. Another fun perk is renting bicycles from the lobby, which is an excellent option for exploring the beachfront promenade and city center.
Carrer Pineda del Mar, 1