Room Mate Alba, Madrid
Charming hotel right in the Literary Quarter on Calle de las Huertas pedestrian street
Great hotel! Really cool style and very helpful and friendly staff.
Sleep in the most historic neighborhood in Madrid, the Literary Quarter, where you'll find an endless list of traditional tapas bars and restaurants. Room Mate Alba offers exceptional value, with beautiful rooms, a cozy lobby, and an extensive breakfast buffet, all for a great price. Plus, you'll be within walking distance of nearly everything, including Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, and El Retiro Park.
- This exceptional location is one of the best in the city, as you'll be in the heart of the Literary Quarter and on Calle de las Huertas, a favorite pedestrian street.
- You can easily walk to the city's main sites, including Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, El Retiro Park, and the Royal Palace.
- The hotel serves an extensive breakfast buffet from 7:00 am to noon, which is quite a long stretch and unique to hotels in Madrid.
- Stretch your legs at the 24/7 gym or ask the staff to give you a "favorites" list of places to see, shop, and eat in the area.
- Relax in the cozy lobby lounge with sofas, large chairs, art, or the inner courtyard garden.
- Overall, the quality of the accommodation for such an affordable price and excellent location is a big appeal—it's a standard hotel that feels a little luxurious.
- The hotel doesn't have a restaurant (only a breakfast buffet), though you might not see this as a con since you'll be on one of the best tapas streets in the city.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityStaying in the Literary Quarter is quite the experience, especially on Calle de las Huertas, one of the best pedestrian streets in Madrid. You can enjoy a proper tapear (tapas walk) without even leaving your street, as Las Huertas has some of the city's most traditional tapas bars.
LocationRoom Mate Alba has an exceptional location in the most historic part of the city (the Literary Quarter) with its abundance of tapas bars and shops. Plus, it's within walking distance of numerous sites. The hotel is nearly equidistant between El Retiro Park and Plaza Mayor, with Puerta del Sol just five minutes away. You'll also be a few blocks from Antón Martín Market, a true local spot.
Rooms & BathroomsThough a standard hotel option, the rooms at Mate Alba feel like they border on luxury. Comfy beds, unique decor, bold colors, and classy tiling in spacious bathrooms pull it all together into one truly beautiful space. Grab a suite for even more comfort and a bit more space.
Other HighlightsIn the morning, enjoy a large and varied breakfast buffet, which lasts until noon for those wanting to sleep in a bit. You'll also find a cozy lounge with sofas and art, plus a lobby bar and an inner courtyard patio.
Calle de las Huertas 16