CoolRooms Palacio de Atocha, Madrid
A 19th-century palace house transformed into an elegant hotel with an inner courtyard pool, garden, and restaurant
We loved the private location off of the street. You fall into a backyard paradise with the outdoor covered breakfast space viewing and listening to the... Read more
Lovely hotel and great staff
CoolRooms is aptly named, as it is pretty cool. The building was once a 19th-century palace house, and you'll find its original staircase and decorative ceiling. Enjoy breakfast on the terrace, which also has a garden and outdoor pool. Sip drinks in the cocktail bar or enjoy dining in the cozy onsite restaurant. Rooms have a vintage and stylish feel, and upgraded units are exceptionally spacious.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
- The location is ideal for walking around the city, as you'll be near iconic sites like Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, and the Literary Quarter.
- This "cool" hotel maintains some of its historic charms (original staircase, ceiling frescoes, etc.), as it was a palace house built in 1852.
- The hotel turned its inner courtyard into a secret garden, complete with a pool and outdoor dining.
- The lobby lounge is unique because it's open-air, so you can relax in the fresh air when the weather is decent.
- A small set of stairs leads to the onsite restaurant with its cozy, intimate indoor dining room.
- Tucked away in a quiet corner of the hotel is a bar.
- Some suites have private rooftop terraces, outdoor hot tubs, and living rooms.
- Though in the center of it all, the hotel is on a busy street that feels a bit chaotic when walking.