Hotel Marqués de Riscal, Laguardia
Unique, luxurious hotel featuring stunning modern architecture, views of the vineyards, and a Michelin-starred restaurant
The Hotel Marqués de Riscal is a stunning masterpiece of modern architecture designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry. Nestled among the vineyards of Rioja Alavesa, this luxurious hotel offers unparalleled views and a serene setting. Guests can enjoy various amenities, including an indoor pool, spa, fitness center, and Michelin-starred restaurant, all surrounded by views of vineyards. The hotel's rooms and suites are equally impressive, featuring contemporary design and luxury amenities.
- This is an excellent choice for a unique experience since the hotel has quirky, modern architecture designed by the same architect who created the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
- You might not want to leave your room—all very comfortable, elegant, and cozy, and offer nice views and luxury design.
- The location amid the vineyards of Rioja Alavesa offers breathtaking views and a serene setting.
- Upgraded rooms have balconies overlooking the vineyards or glimpses of the hotel's architecture and/or the cute town of Elciego.
- You can enjoy various amenities, including an indoor pool, spa, fitness center, bicycle rentals, and Michelin-starred restaurant.
- The hotel is quite expensive compared to other regional hotels, so it doesn't fit everyone's budget.
AuthenticityIf you're a fan of Northern Spain architecture, you might already know about the Hotel Marqués de Riscal, designed by Frank Gehry, who is famous for also creating Bilbao's quirky Guggenheim Museum. The hotel's striking titanium ribbons and curves are a stunning contrast to the surrounding vineyards and traditional buildings of the Rioja Alavesa region. Inside, you'll find contemporary design and luxury amenities, including original works of art by artists like Eduardo Chillida and Jorge Oteiza.
LocationThe Hotel Marqués de Riscal is in Rioja Alavesa, surrounded by picturesque vineyards and charming villages. The hotel is within the historic town of Elciego, where you can explore local wineries and sample some of the region's best wines. Just a couple minutes of walking, you'll reach the town's charming Old Town, and a quick 7-minute walk gets you to its main square and church. The city of Logroño is also within easy reach, just a 25-minute drive, and offers a range of cultural and gastronomic experiences.
Rooms & BathroomsThis is truly a luxury hotel, as all rooms and suites feature contemporary design and high-end amenities. You can choose from rooms with vineyards or city views or one of the hotel's spacious suites with separate living areas and private terraces. All units have luxury bedding and marble bathrooms with separate showers and soaking tubs. For the ultimate experience, book the Riscal Suite Terrace, a lofted room with a huge private terrace with sun loungers and views of Elciego.
Other HighlightsThough you'll want to explore the area, you could easily stay all day at the hotel. Relax at the indoor pool and spa, exercise in the fitness center, rent a bike and pedal around the property, and enjoy your meals at one of the three eateries. The elegant Michelin-starred restaurant is a favorite. There's also a traditional Spanish eatery, a large lounge bar with a massive wine list and tapas menu, an on-site wine cellar, and an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards.