Hotel Casa Cacao, Girona
Chocolate-inspired luxury boutique hotel with a pastry kitchen and a rooftop terrace in the heart of Girona's Old Town
Hotel Casa Cacao is a luxury hotel with a chocolate theme set directly on Girona's medieval streets, just around the corner from Plaça de Catalunya. The hotel features beautifully designed and spacious rooms with natural elements, like wood, stone, and linen. Guests can enjoy brunch on the rooftop terrace with cozy furnishings and incredible city views, plus a pastry kitchen with daily chocolate tastings.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, October 2022 (Learn more)
- The hotel's chocolate theme is perfect, with complimentary chocolates on your bed and a pastry kitchen with chocolate tastings every day.
- You can enjoy your breakfast and downtime on the rooftop terrace, with a beautiful stone wall, amazing views, wooden and wicker furniture, and comfy pillows.
- Enjoy being right in the heart of the city, just steps from Plaça de Catalunya, spanning the Onyar River, and within walking distance to all the major sites.
- If the chocolate theme didn't convince you, the rooms will, with relaxing vibes of natural elements, natural tones, and extra-comfy beds.
- The daily brunch is a big hit, just keep in mind that it costs extra and adheres to traditional mealtimes, starting at 12:30 pm. You can still enjoy a simpler breakfast earlier.
AuthenticityHotel Casa Cacao prides itself on its authenticity and unique character. The hotel is in a beautifully restored historic building that blends Catalan architecture with modern design and features local artwork and design elements in its decor. Of course, the big draw is the pastry kitchen and chocolate tastings showcasing the region's culinary traditions.
LocationJust two minutes on foot takes you to the Onyar River, and once you cross over Plaça de Catalunya, you'll be in the city's Jewish Quarter. This location puts your right in the middle of the buzzy business district and the historic Old Town. A 6-minute walk gets you to the iconic "Red Bridge," Pont de les Peixateries Velles, and you'll reach the Girona Cathedral in just 10 minutes of walking. You can also reach the cathedral by walking along the historic walls, and the southern entrance is just five minutes from the hotel.
Rooms & BathroomsThe rooms at Hotel Casa Cacao are truly relaxing, channeling the raw elements of nature, much like its chocolate theme. You'll find cozy, warm rooms with lots of natural highlights, including wooden furniture, stone sinks, plants and flowers, and linen pillows. Rooms include a delicious daily breakfast (different from the brunch), sofas, and tubs in the bathrooms.
Other HighlightsThe hotel's rooftop is a big highlight, offering some truly unbeatable views of Girona. You can relax on the comfy furniture while enjoying breakfast, brunch, or just some quiet time. The pastry kitchen is also quite fun and unique, with daily chocolate tastings, workshops, and other treats, including a cocoa bar.
+34 972 28 28 28
Plaça Catalunya, 23