- Explore the three great pyramids of Giza
- Marvel at treasures like King Tut's mask and sarcophagus
- Cruise on Lake Nasser
- See early Roman Kalabsha temple
- Wander through monumental Abu Simbel
|Day 1||Arrive in Cairo||Cairo|
|Day 2||Cairo: Egyptian Museum and Great Pyramids of Giza||Cairo|
|Day 3||Fly to Aswan and Lake Nasser Cruise||Aswan|
|Day 4||Lake Nasser cruise, Kalabsha, and Wadi es-Seboua||Nubia|
|Day 5||Visit Amada Temple||Nubia|
|Day 6||Qasr Ibrim and Abu Simbel||Aswan|
|Day 8||Return home|
Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
Arrive in Egypt's capital — one of the largest cities in Africa and in the Middle East. Your tour coordinator will meet you at Cairo International Airport and escort you to your hotel by an air-conditioned vehicle. After check-in, you will be free to relax for the evening before starting your tour the next day.
For dinner, you can explore, to try authentic Egyptian local cuisine.
Day 2: Cairo: Egyptian Museum and Great Pyramids of Giza
After breakfast at your hotel in Cairo, you'll meet your Egyptologist who will accompany you on your day exploring the city and its sites. Activities will include:
- The Egyptian Museum: Visit the Museum of Antiquities, commonly known as the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, which has a substantial collection of ancient treasures such as the tomb of King Tut and his funerary mask.
- The Pyramids of Giza: First you'll travel to Giza outside of Cairo where you will see the three major pyramids at its necropolis complex. Your Egyptologist will explain the history of their construction, which spanned nearly three generations starting from the Great Pyramid of Giza — Cheops — followed by the smaller Chepren, and Mykerinos.
Day 3: Fly to Aswan and Lake Nasser Cruise
After breakfast at your hotel in Cairo, you'll transfer to the airport, where you'll board your flight to Aswan. Once in Aswan, your tour coordinator will meet you and escort you to an air-conditioned vehicle to start your cruise. Lunch and dinner will be served on board as you make your way down Lake Nasser.
Customize your trip with help from a local travel specialist.
Day 4: Lake Nasser cruise, Kalabsha, and Wadi es-Seboua
Your cruise ship will sail to Kalabsha and then Wadi es-Seboua, where your guide will lead you through some of the area's major sights. Your explorations will include:
- Kalabsha Temple: A structure built in the early Roman era, around 30 BCE by Octavius Augustus, and dedicated to the God Mandulis.
- Wadi es-Seboua: Explore this sight also known as Valley of the Lions, where there are two New Kingdom temples — one built during the 19th dynasty by Pharaoh Ramesses II, and the other built during the 18th dynasty Pharaoh Amenhotep III.
Day 5: Visit Amada Temple
You'll continue to make your way down Lake Nasser on your cruise ship, sailing to Amada. There, your guide will explain the significance of the temple there:
Amada Temple: Considered among the oldest Egyptian temples in Nubia, it was commissioned by Pharaoh Thutmose III of the 18th dynasty and dedicated to Amun and Re-Horakhty.
Day 6: Qasr Ibrim and Abu Simbel
The adventure on Lake Nasser will continue as you get ready to explore some of the most significant archaeological sights in the area:
- Qasr Ibrim: Once a major city in Lower Nubia, flooding on Lake Nasser after the construction of Aswan Dam transformed it into an island. It is closed to the public, but you can appreciate its beauty from afar.
- Abu Simbel: You'll have time to explore two significant temples here that were originally carved out of a mountainside in the 13th century BC, during the 19th dynasty of Pharaoh Ramesses II. One was dedicated to the king to commemorate his victory at the Battle of Kadesh, and the other to his queen Nefertari.
Day 7: Cairo
After breakfast, you'll fly from Abu Simbel airpot to Cairo.
In Cairo, you'll be escorted to your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle, and then you'll have the evening free to see more of the city, and enjoy authentic Egyptian food at a local restaurant.
Day 8: Return home
After breakfast, you'll make your way to Cairo International Airport for your flight home.