- Stroll the River Thames and cross the Tower Bridge
- Tickle your taste buds at the famous markets of Camden, Borough, and Portobello
- Join a local guide on a private tour of the city and Westminster Abbey
- Feel like a royal at Windsor Castle and watch the changing of the guard
- Explore the natural beauty of Kent and the White Cliffs of Dover
|Day 1||Welcome to London||London|
|Day 2||Enjoy a Private Tour of London||London|
|Day 3||Day Trip to Kent and The White Cliffs of Dover||London|
|Day 4||Act Like a Local - Free Day to Explore London||London|
|Day 5||Enjoy Royal Art at Windsor Castle||London|
|Day 6||Depart from London|
Day 1: Welcome to London
Welcome to bustling London! After arriving at London Heathrow Airport, a private driver will transfer you to your accommodation. Get settled and then set out to explore one of the most famous cities in the world. Suggested activities include:
- Get familiar with the London landscape by walking along the Thames River.
- Explore some of the city's famous monuments, including Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, and St. Paul's Cathedral.
- Enjoy art exhibits at Tate Modern and the National Gallery.
- Channel Shakespeare at the Globe Theater.
Day 2: Enjoy a Private Tour of London
After breakfast at your hotel, a private guide will lead you on a tour of London, including Westminster Abbey. Your guide will use a combination of walking and public transport to get you to through the cities to see as many attractions and landmarks as possible, making sure you won't miss the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.
As you make your way from site to site, you'll pass by many iconic London landmarks. Your guide will be sure to narrate the always interesting stories of London history. Before returning to your hotel, stop in for a high tea to recharge. Then enjoy another evening exploring this energetic city.
Additional suggested activities include:
- Find hidden delights at Camden, Portobello, or Borough Markets.
- See the city from above by taking a ride in the London Eye.
- Enjoy a romantic stroll through the greenery of Hyde Park.
Day 3: Day Trip to Kent and The White Cliffs of Dover
Today you'll trade the hustle and bustle of London's city center for a bit of nature. As you leave the city, you'll start to see the scenic rural parts of England (also known as The Garden of England) in the Kent region. Kent has a number of great day trip attractions, including Leeds Castle, Canterbury, and The White Cliffs of Dover.
Depending on your preference, you can either opt for a guided tour departing from London's city center or a self-guided tour via public transportation. Either way, your host will help you arrange the details and you'll return to the city in time for dinner.
Day 4: Act Like a Local - Free Day to Explore London
Now that you have some familiarity with your surroundings, you can explore the city on your own. With our guidance—and the help fo fast-track transport/attraction passes—you can traverse London with top recommendations of what to see and do.
Day 5: Enjoy Royal Art at Windsor Castle
Today you will explore the beauty of Windsor Castle, home of the royal family. Quite often, the Queen and members of the royal family are in residence at Windsor, but getting a glimpse of them is rare. Still, your visit to the castle will not disappoint.
As you explore the castle grounds, be sure to see the amazingly preserved collections of royal artifacts and visit Henry VIII's tomb in St. George's Chapel. Plan a little extra time if you want to see the collection at the State Apartment, as it's very extensive.
While you are at Windsor, there is a strong chance you will see the changing of the guard and enjoy their marching. Nearby to Windsor is the UK's most prestigious school, Eton College. If you have a driver for today's tour, you can travel nearby to Runnymede where the Magna Carta was signed.
Day 6: Depart from London
Enjoy your final breakfast and a leisurely morning at your hotel as you prepare for your departure. A private transfer will be arranged to take you to the airport in time to catch your flight.