- The hotel is next door to one metro (and one block from another) that takes you into the city center or the beach.
- Thanks to a superb location, you'll be within walking distance of major sites, including Arc de Triomf, Casa Milà, and La Sagrada Família.
- Enjoy four onsite eateries to satisfy any palate, including a specialty coffee bar and gourmet tapas restaurant.
- A rooftop terrace (open to hotel guests only) has a high-energy beach theme.
- The cocktail bar features live music on occasion.
- The rooms within the "tiny" category feel like they could use a little updating.
I'm convinced this is the coolest hotel in Barcelona, yet also super welcoming. After touring the eclectic, all-in-one lobby bar, restaurant, and lounge (I'm a fan), I went straight for the hotel's specialty coffee bar (one of the city's best). The rooms' decor and vibe are pure Barcelona, and the rooftop terrace is amazing (reserved for guests only). If you've ever been to a Spanish beach, you'll know what a chiringuito is, and the rooftop transports you right to a lively beach bar!
Casa Bonay feels like its own little Barcelona haven. Though set in a peaceful, residential neighborhood, you get the best of both worlds: a glimpse into authentic life in Barcelona and an energetic vibe with a rooftop terrace and the property's own specialty coffee bar.
Set on the corner of Eixample and El Born neighborhoods, the location feels more local than the heart of the tourist areas, though you can still walk to many significant sites, including the Arc de Triomf, Casa Milà, and (bonus) La Sagrada Família. You'll also be next door to the Tetuan metro and one block from the Girona metro, should you want to zip across the city or head to the beach.
Rooms & Bathrooms
The hotel exudes energy and vibrance, with modern and trendy decor in bright and bold colors. Casa Bonay has eight room types, all following this colorful theme. To fully take advantage of the hotel's essence, we suggest skipping the "tiny room" category and grabbing a passage- or courtyard-facing room or upgrading to one with a private terrace featuring hammocks, sun loungers, and an outdoor shower.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel's four eateries, including a specialty coffee bar (Satan's Coffee Corner), a cocktail lounge with bar food (Libertine), a rooftop bar and barbecue restaurant (Chiringuito), and a gourmet tapas spot with natural wine and local ingredients (Bodega Bonay). Many guests spend their afternoon siesta time lazing at the rooftop terrace, complete with dining, sun loungers, couches, and an outdoor shower to rinse off after sunbathing. Many rooms offer room service and yoga kits.