Hotel Aiguablava, Begur
Clifftop hotel overlooking the coast with an on-site restaurant, outdoor pool, and sports facilities
A special family friendly boutique hotel with amazing views of the Mediterranean. The breakfast was a great selection. The dinners and way above what I expected.... Read more
This hotel is well located near the beach.
The scenery from our balcony to the Mediterranean Sea and its beaches was remarkable! Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly which made us as Americans... Read more
This hotel location was amazing, right on the water and cliffs of Fornells just outside the town of Begur. The views were incredible as was the... Read more
Hotel Aigua Blava puts you about 10 minutes from Begur's medieval center and just a few minutes' walk from nearby beaches. The property offers views overlooking the sea and its rocky cliffs, which guests can enjoy from the restaurant's dining areas and lounges. Rooms and apartments are relaxed and modern, some with sea views, terraces, and seating areas. Enjoy time outside at the pool or while playing tennis or badminton.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, October 2022 (Learn more)
- Set on the coast, guests can enjoy views of Aiguablava Bay and the region's rocky coastline from some of the rooms and many of the common areas.
- The hotel is between two swimming spots, both less than five minutes away.
- The on-site restaurant has three different dining areas, two overlooking the coast and offering beautiful views.
- Rooms are modern, and some include private terraces, sea views, seating areas, and/or soaking tubs.
- Family rooms and one- or two-bedroom apartments are available and sleep up to four guests.
- The property has plenty of sports facilities, including a large outdoor pool with a sundeck and bar, plus tennis courts, bike rentals, ping pong, and badminton.
- The hotel's restaurant is quite expensive and might not fit everyone's budget, and there aren't many other options nearby.
AuthenticityClara Capellà, known as "la Clareta," established the hotel in 1934, and the current management has been with the property for four generations. As a result, the lodging hasn't lost its quaint, historical, and family-owned vibe over the years. Plus, you'll experience the very essence of Costa Brava from this spot, as it was where local politicians decided to give the region its famous name, which means "rough coast."
LocationThough not in Begur's historic center, Hotel Aigua Blava is set on the area's coast in Fornells with a beautiful backdrop of green hills dotted with white buildings. You'll be about a 10-minute drive from the medieval hilltop center with Begur Castle, but as a tradeoff, the hotel is just a five-minute walk from three swimming spots. It helps to have a car or hire a transfer to explore the area, as Girona is about a one-hour drive.
Rooms & BathroomsRecently renovated rooms are bright and modern with hues that match the area's surroundings, including neutral tones with pops of blue and gray. All offer air conditioning, minifridges, and modern bathrooms, though you might want to upgrade to enjoy a private terrace with sea views. Family rooms offer two double beds in separate sleeping areas, and suites add seating areas. Some are corner units, so book early if you'd like to enjoy the sounds and sights of the sea from two sides. For the most space, grab one of the apartments.
Other HighlightsThe on-site restaurant serves traditional Catalan cuisine in three different spaces, either on the terrace overlooking Aiguablava Bay, on the garden patio or inside a bright, airy dining room. Though the ambiance is beautiful, keep in mind that it's one of the few eateries in the area and is quite expensive. Other amenities include an outdoor pool with a bar and sundeck, a children's playground, sports facilities for tennis, badminton, ping pong, and bicycle rentals.
Platja De Fornells s/n