Hotel Aiguaclara, Begur
Charming design hotel set in a colonial mansion with an on-site restaurant and bar
Hotel Aiguaclara offers a quiet, historical experience in Begur, set in a 19th-century mansion with only 10 rooms. Each unit is unique and designed by a different artist, yet offers modern comforts like air conditioning and rainfall showerheads. There's also a two-bedroom apartment, which might appeal to those traveling with family or friends. Enjoy relaxing on the outdoor terrace, fireside lounge, or bar in the house's old garden. Guests can also make reservations at the on-site eatery, offering a casual vibe and wine menu.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, October 2022 (Learn more)
- The central location is a plus, though the hotel is on a quieter side street, so you can relax while being close to all the action.
- Begur Castle is just a 10-minute walk, following a scenic path that curves uphill and passes a couple of viewpoints.
- Guests can enjoy the ambiance of a renovated colonial mansion from the 19th century and unique rooms designed by individual artists.
- Choose from 10 rooms, all featuring different decor—and some featuring private terraces.
- Enjoy meals in the on-site restaurant's casual atmosphere, accompanied by a wine and cocktail menu.
- There's a relaxing outdoor patio with a sunbed, a cozy lounge, and an honesty bar with drinks and snacks.
- The restaurant only serves dinner from Tuesday through Sunday and requires a reservation, so you'll need to plan ahead a bit.
- Likewise, the lounge bar is limited, only open Tuesday through Saturday.
Additional Notes From AshThis hotel charmed me from the start. Standard hotels aren't always the properties that stand out the most, but this one is high on my list. The atmosphere inside the historic mansion offers a chance to feel immersed in the past yet. I loved peeking into the rooms, as regional artists designed each unit separately, and you can learn about the designers on the hotel's website. I was partial to room number two, designed by Gema Berenguer, with its rustic details and leafy terrace.
AuthenticityThis quaint boutique hotel has just 10 rooms, which creates a very relaxing vibe—perfect for a medieval hilltop town. Plus, it's set in a beautiful colonial mansion from 1866, built by Bonaventura Caner Bataller, and you'll see his initials (BCB) throughout the property. Enjoy the home's historical elements, including original wrought iron gates and stone doorways.
LocationGuests can appreciate a quiet location on a cornered side street just a few minutes from the main square with its shops, restaurants, and castle views. To get to Begur Castle, stopping at a few viewpoints along the way, plan for a scenic 10-minute stroll. You can easily explore the area if you rent a car or hire a transfer. Coastal beaches and hiking paths near Fornells, Sa Riera, and Sa Tuna are all less than 10 minutes by car, and Girona is about an hour's drive.
Rooms & BathroomsThe hotel owners completely renovated the property in 2020, so you'll have your pick of signature rooms, all offering different interiors crafted by local designers. All provide a relaxed, open, and airy vibe with antique furnishings, air conditioning, rainfall showers, and tiled floors. Some sleep up to four guests, and several feature private, furnished terraces. Small groups or families might want to book the property's two-bedroom apartment next door.
Other HighlightsThere are several common areas to enjoy, including a beautiful outdoor patio with palm trees and a sunbed. You can also relax in the cozy fireside lounge or at the bar with moody lighting, music, and cocktails. The on-site restaurant offers a menu of casual dishes that somehow appear and taste gourmet.
+34 972 622 905
Sant Miquel, 2