Hotel Bagués, Barcelona
A unique "museum hotel" featuring elegant spaces, comfy rooms, and artifacts from a 100-year-old jewelry brand
Hotel Bagués combines a museum and accommodation, as it occupies the former home of a 100-year-old jewelry brand. Enjoy the artifacts and exhibits, many built right into the hotel's features, including the room doors. Since the hotel is right on La Rambla, you can easily walk to numerous sites, including the Mercat de la Boqueria. When you've finished exploring, relax on the rooftop bar with its outdoor pool, sundeck, and tapas bar.
- The hotel is located directly on La Rambla and next to the Mercat de Boqueria, plus within walking distance to numerous sites and cool neighborhoods.
- Known as a "museum hotel," the property houses a collection from the building's previous and historic tenant, Bagués-Masriera Jewellery Store, a 100-year-old brand.
- You'll find nods to the building's past with its decor and room elements, including the golden vine sculpture at the main staircase and stained-glass flowers on the room doors.
- Enjoy a breakfast buffet in the elegant lobby bar and dining area, which has a great reputation among locals.
- Relax on the rooftop terrace, complete with a plunge pool, sundeck, loungers, and tapas bar, plus exceptional city views.
- The rooms have a lot of dark elements (dark wood, black furnishings, etc.), so they can feel a bit dark and lack natural light.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityYou'll essentially stay in a museum at Hotel Bagués, as the property was the former home of the century-old brand Bagués-Masriera Jewellery Store. You'll find several rooms filled with artifacts and jewelry collections to peruse, plus historical elements throughout the hotel and rooms.
LocationThis is an excellent option if you want to stay right on La Rambla. On one side of the building is buzzy La Rambla, and on the other side is the historic Betlem Church. And in just one block, you'll arrive at the Mercat de la Boqueria. You'll also be within walking distance of several other sites, including the Barcelona Cathedral, the Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi, and Plaça de Catalunya.
Rooms & BathroomsChoose from deluxe or superior rooms, or grab a top-floor suite for a private terrace with an outdoor bed and Jacuzzi tub. All units are quite spacious and offer refined decor, sitting areas, balconies, and elegant bathrooms with rainfall showers.
Other HighlightsYou'll enjoy breakfast in the lobby bar, with its luxurious feel. In the afternoon and evenings, head up to the rooftop, where you'll find a tapas bar, lounge, and outdoor pool. As one of the higher buildings in the area, you'll get a 360° view of the city, including La Rambla.
+34 93-343 50 00
Calle la Rambla, 105