Elia Bettolo Hotel, Chania
20 standard rooms with balconies for couples and solo travelers next to one of Chania’s most famous streets.
This was a lovely hotel. They gave us a honeymoon dinner and had champagne and a charcuterie board in our room. It was a wonderful experience.... Read more
Since its opening in 2015, the Elia Bettolo has offered guests a simple stay in its 20 rooms on the border of Old Town and Chania’s new city. Its central location makes it perfect for those who want to explore the city. The rooms overall feel spacious but their layout and the lack of larger two bedroom suites makes this better suited for solo travelers or couples. The Elia Bettolo is a nicer standard option for those making short trips to Chania or who just want a decent place to crash.
Olivia Typaldos kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, February 2023 (Learn more)
- All of the rooms of the Elia Bettolo have balconies, which is a great feature for those who want to enjoy the atmosphere of Chania.
- There is an elevator, which is a bit rare in this part of Chania, so guests can get to their rooms more conveniently but note that there are a few steps to get up to the landing where the elevator is.
- The rooms feel spacious, from the smallest of the classic to the largest of the one bedroom suite, so two guests can sleep comfortably in any of the room types.
- The hotel is very centrally located on the border of Old Town and the new part of Chania, which gives travelers easy access to sites, food, drinks, and shopping.
- If you’re looking for a panoramic view of Chania’s harbor and lighthouse, book the one bedroom suite.
- This hotel doesn’t have parking, so guests must find street parking or can head to the nearby municipal parking lot, which is a 10-minute walk away. Consider dropping your stuff off first and then parking afterwards.
- The surrounding area gets quite busy in the high season due to the bars and restaurants nearby, so light sleepers may want to book a room on a higher floor.
AuthenticityWhile the Elia Bettolo incorporates traditional Greek elements like olive wood into its design, perhaps its most authentic aspect is its location. The hotel stands right next to Skrydlof street or “Stivanadika,” which is the street of leathermakers in Chania. Bags, belts, boots, and more are all made and displayed on this street where several of the shopowners have been making leather goods for decades and inherited their craft from their family.
LocationThe Elia Bettolo is right near the edge of Old Town, where the new city of Chania begins, which makes it ideal for anyone looking for a central location with easy access to shops, restaurants, and tourist sites. Walk to the start of the Lighthouse pathway in 10 minutes or be at Chania’s waterfront in 5. Nea Chora beach is a 20-minute walk or five-minute drive and the Chania Airport is 20-25 minutes by car.
Rooms & BathroomsThere are three room types at the Elia Bettolo: the classic, superior, and one bedroom suite. All of these 20 rooms have balconies, while the one bedroom suite includes a sweeping panoramic view of Chania’s harbor and the Lighthouse. The one bedroom suite also has a sofa bed, while the classic and superior rooms can be booked either with a double bed or two twin ones. Overall, the rooms feel more spacious than a typical city hotel and include some nice design elements like olive wood furniture pieces.
1 Bettolo, Episkopou Dorotheou str,