La Indiana de Begur—Adults Only, Begur
Quaint and cozy boutique hotel with two outdoor terraces, a hot tub, a gastro bar, and castle views
Hotel Boutique La Indiana renovated a historic colonial house and brought elements of the region's natural environment into the property with its decor, food, and amenities. Five rooms follow a different color theme with comfortable and antique aspects. The one suite adds a cozy furnished terrace for a bit more space. Guests can enjoy breakfast in bed or in the lounge, plus book dinner service in advance.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, October 2022 (Learn more)
- Enjoy a historical setting in a colonial house with antique furnishings and natural elements that reflect the Costa Brava's Emporadà region.
- Each room has its own color theme, maintaining a warm, cozy, and inviting atmosphere.
- A few rooms offer views of the Begur Castle, but guests can also relax on the upstairs terrace to enjoy one of the best vistas of the hilltop fortress.
- There's another terrace on the street in the heart of Begur's medieval center and a cozy lounge where you can enjoy meals.
- The upstairs terrace offers a hot tub, and guests can book massage treatments.
- You can enjoy breakfast in the lounge or choose to have it delivered to your room.
- The location is ideal for experiencing Begur's medieval charm, just down the street from the main square and a quick 10-minute walk to the castle.
- The hotel is quite small, with just five rooms, so you'll want to plan ahead and book in advance during the high seasons.
- Though you can arrange dinner in the evening, keep in mind that it's subject to availability and you must book in advance.
Additional Notes From AshThis hotel knows how to balance simplicity, authenticity, and comfort perfectly. The property's foundation is straightforward, yet every element has a story behind it, from the colors in the rooms to the furniture, textiles, artwork, and more. The owners did a great job bringing the area's identity into the building, including all the little natural aspects that make you feel like you're on the beach, at a vineyard, and walking through fields simultaneously. And if you're staying in Begur for its castle, it doesn't get much better than the views from the hotel's upper terrace.
AuthenticityThe property owners styled the hotel in response to their appreciation for the Emporadà area. Using colors, textures, and gastronomy, they aim to bring the essence of the region's heritage to the hotel, which they describe as a natural warmth from the people blending with the colors and aromas of the countryside. And because you'll be in a historic colonial house, all these elements work together to give you an authentic experience.
LocationYou'll be just steps from the town's main square, church, and several eateries, all under the gaze of Begur Castle. The hotel's terrace, in particular, offers an exceptional view of the castle and the medieval core. Begur is an excellent hub for exploring the region, as you'll be about a 10-minute drive from the historic town of Pals, area beaches, and coastal hiking paths. A rental car is a good idea, but you can also hire private transportation. Getting to Girona is around one hour, and Barcelona is roughly 1.5 hours.
Rooms & BathroomsWith just five rooms, La Indiana de Begur is perfect for a quiet retreat. All units are named after colors, and the decor honors that hue while using other tones to keep the atmosphere warm and inviting. All rooms have vibrant textiles, historical pieces, and natural elements, like vintage furnishing, antique lighting, or stone sinks. Book the Amber Suite to have your own soaking tub and furnished terrace.
Other HighlightsThe on-site gastro bar serves drinks and tapas in three different dining areas. You can enjoy your sips on the outdoor terrace with castle views, in the hotel's cozy lounge, or on the street-level patio to absorb the medieval vibes. The restaurant can also serve dinner when booked in advance. Relax in the hot tub on the terrace, or book a massage.
+34 972 62 22 29
Carrer Forgas i Elias 8