Sa Calma Hotel, Begur
Adults-only hotel with incredible views, a rooftop pool, and a spa
Sa Calma Hotel is a charming, adults-only hotel located in Begur, just a quick stroll from the town's main square. The hotel offers rooms and suites with modern amenities paired with antique furnishings to channel Begur's historic vibes. Guests can relax on the hotel's rooftop with an outdoor pool and sun loungers and in the wellness area with a sauna and hot tub.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, October 2022 (Learn more)
- You'll be in the center of Begur, just down the street from the main square and within easy walking distance of the castle.
- The rooftop pool and terrace is an excellent place to relax after sightseeing, with incredible views of the town and comfy sun loungers.
- The hotel's historic design and contemporary amenities provide an authentic and comfortable experience.
- You'll enjoy a daily breakfast in a charming, historic room with local and regional products.
- Unwind and relax in the spa, fed by groundwater and featuring a hot tub and Finnish sauna.
- The spa is a nice perk but small (maximum two people), so you must book it beforehand. Likewise, the pool is also very small, so you might not always be able to find a spot.
AuthenticitySa Calma Hotel is in a restored manor, one of the oldest houses in Begur. You'll enjoy historical features in all spaces, including rooms, common areas, and the hotel's exterior. In particular, the spa is in the old cellar, so you can relax under arched ceilings and amid old stone. The hotel has many arched doorways, stone walls, brick ceilings, and original tiling.
LocationYou'll get the best of both worlds here, as you'll be just a one-minute walk from Begur's main square yet on a quiet street away from the buzz. Walking up to the top of the castle will take about 10 minutes, and you can walk to the beach in about 40 minutes (or take the seasonal bus when it's running). As for exploring the area by car, plan for an hour's drive to Girona and just 10 minutes to beaches and coves in the Begur region.
Rooms & BathroomsAll the rooms and suites at Sa Calma Hotel offer historic charm mixed with modern amenities and comforts. All have balconies and terraces with views, plus contemporary bathrooms with unique perks, like soaking tubs or Murano glass stones that shimmer like marine scales. Enjoy comfy beds, bathrobes, and air conditioning. For more space, book one of the rooms with a sofa.
SANT MIQUEL 1