- Explore the world-famous Great Barrier Reef and snorkel among the marine life
- Cruise around Daintree Rainforest and visit the indigenous Kuku Yalanji people
- Get up-close with local wildlife species at Hartley's Crocodile Adventures
- Stroll the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, the largest exhibit of its kind in the world
|Day 1||Arrival in Cairns||Cairns|
|Day 2||Cairns - Day Trip to the Great Barrier Reef||Cairns|
|Day 3||Travel to Port Douglas - Free Day||Port Douglas|
|Day 4||Port Douglas - Tour Daintree Rainforest||Port Douglas|
|Day 5||Depart From Cairns|
Day 1: Arrival in Cairns
Welcome to Australia! You'll arrive in tropical Queensland, where the rainforest meets the sea.
Then, you will travel to Cairns, and the day will be at your leisure. You can rest after your international flight or do some exploration. Bookmark some of the following destinations:
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park: Enjoy a meal at this sprawling eatery in an indigenous cultural center, which delivers homestyle meals and a buffet
- Australian Butterfly Sanctuary: Located in Kuranda, this locale is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as Australia’s largest butterfly flight aviary and exhibit
- Cairns Lagoon: Visit this iconic swimming pool, which is located in the business district, and then relax on the grassy knoll
Following your self-guided tour of Cairns, the evening will be yours to enjoy.
Day 2: Cairns - Day trip to the Great Barrier Reef
Board a high-speed catamaran for a full-day cruise to the Great Barrier Reef. One of Australia’s most remarkable natural gifts, the Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef. The reef contains an abundance of marine life and is home to more than 3,000 individual reef systems and coral cays. Surrounding the reef are hundreds of picturesque tropical islands that contain some of the best golden beaches. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the world's most sought-after tourist destinations.
Enjoy morning tea and a lunch buffet aboard the catamaran. Following the reef tour and some snorkeling, return to your hotel in the late afternoon, and enjoy the evening at your leisure.
Day 3: Travel to Port Douglas - Free day
Today, transport from Cairns to Port Douglas, which is a 1-hour commute. Upon arrival, enjoy a free day to do as you wish. A few activities to consider include the below:
- Take a tour of Atherton Tablelands: Go hiking, biking, walking, and hot air ballooning, or indulge in a food and drink tasting in this rural town
- Visit Hartley's Crocodile Adventures: This 25-acre wildlife sanctuary is home to the local wildlife of tropical North Queensland, where you can get up-close and personal with crocodiles, wallabies, wombats, and koalas
- Relax on Four Mile Beach: Go for a swim, a snorkeling session, or simply kick back and relax on this iconic beach
- Dine at Flames of the Forest: Enjoy a traditional aboriginal meal, along with a live performance, in a unique rainforest setting
Dinner and the evening will be at your leisure, as well.
Day 4: Port Douglas - Tour Daintree Rainforest
Rise early today, and after breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a scenic drive up north to the oldest rainforest in the world. From the Kulki Lookout in Cape Tribulation, view scenic mountain peaks and pristine white beaches. Witness the rare sight of two UNESCO World Heritage Sites together: the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef—the only place in the world where the rainforest meets the reef.
Board the Daintree River Cruise to learn about the wildlife environment—the bird habitat, tree snakes, and unique plants, as well as the estuarine crocodile. Then, indulge in a tropical-style lunch at a private rainforest property in the Daintree Rainforest.
Next, visit the Mossman Gorge Centre, an important cultural hub of the Kuku Yalanji. Learn about the indigenous people, who have lived here for 50,000 years—using the local flora and fauna of the wild jungle to survive and thrive.
Then, your final evening is at your leisure to enjoy more of Port Douglas before departing tomorrow.
Day 5: Depart from Cairns
Today, travel back to Cairns and catch your flight to Brisbane. Safe Travels home, and come back to Australia soon!