Balcón de Córdoba Hotel, Córdoba
A charming hotel in the Jewish Quarter with friendly staff, an onsite restaurant, and three patios, including a rooftop terrace
The Balcón de Córdoba Hotel gets its name from the rooftop terrace views, opening up to the Mezquita-Catedral. The staff is exceptionally kind and accomodating, working hard to offer a tranquil reprieve with leafy courtyards, refreshing drinks, delicious meals, and neutral tones. Enjoy perusing the archeological finds throughout the hotel, and sleep soundly in rooms named for goddesses and international words with unique meanings.
- Set in the historic and picturesque Jewish Quarter, you'll be within walking distance of all Córdoba sites, including the Mezquita-Catedral, Puente Romano, Alcázar, and the Córdoba Synagogue.
- The building's history dates back to the 17th century, and you'll find more than 100 local archeological finds on display throughout the property.
- The hotel creates an oasis from the hot city streets, with an inner courtyard full of plants, trickling fountains, and shaded seating.
- Enjoy dinner and drinks from the rooftop terrace restaurant, which truly gives the hotel its name, providing some of the city's most beautiful views, including the Mezquita-Catedral.
- The bedrooms channel the hotel's serenity with bright and airy spaces, neutral colors, and historical elements.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityBalcón de Córdoba Hotel (which translates to "the balcony of Córdoba") offers a look at a traditional 17th-century Andalusian house, complete with a rooftop terrace that lives up to its name. The owners appreciate archeology and have over 100 relics on display throughout the hotel.
LocationTucked in the winding streets of the Jewish Quarter, the hotel is within easy walking distance of all the sites of the city. You'll be less than one block from the Mezquita-Catedral and its Patio de los Naranjos, filled with orange trees. A five-minute walk takes you to the Puerta del Puente leading to the old Roman bridge, and another five minutes passing the Alcázar as you make your way to the old Synagogue.
Rooms & BathroomsMuch like all of Andalusia, Córdoba can get very hot throughout the year. Luckily, the rooms at Balcón de Córdoba provide a calm reprieve with bright and airy spaces featuring neutral tones—you can't help but feel at ease in these plushy quarters. The rooms feature names of Roman and Greek goddesses and unique international words that represent the decor. Bathrooms fit the bill, with bright and modern conveniences.
Other HighlightsSince the building combines two old houses, you'll find several common spaces to enjoy, including two inner courtyard patios and, of course, the incredible rooftop terrace. Enjoy some of the best views of the Mezquita-Catedral while sipping a tinto de verano or coffee. You can also enjoy dinner from the rooftop or opt for a table in the leafy courtyard downstairs.
+34 957 498 478
Calle Encarnacion, 8