Hotel Hospes Palacio del Bailío
Elegant hotel in a historic Roman villa featuring an outdoor pool, sundeck, and indoor spa
Live Córdoba's Roman past by staying in a villa of the same era, complete with preserved ruins, an inner courtyard, and underground baths. The rooms offer glimpses of the past, too, with hand-painted walls, century-old frescoes, and stone archways. Take a swim in the outdoor pool or opt for the water circuit in the spa. When hungry, enjoy a meal on the restaurant's outdoor terrace.
- Set in a historic Roman villa, you can enjoy several common areas, including an outdoor pool, sundeck, lounge, inner courtyard, and onsite restaurant.
- Rooms are huge for such a historic space, all with elements of the past and some with garden views.
- Enjoy dinner at the Arbequina restaurant, which offers outdoor seating and a menu by chef Javi Moreno, who elevates traditional dishes.
- As a Hospes Hotel, you can relax at the Bodyna Spa, though this location features an underground Roman bath with a thermal water circuit, massages, and other body treatments.
- Check out the hotel's very own archeological site with a preserved Roman mosaic floor.
- Though the rooms do decently well in channeling the building's unique history, some of the furnishings feel outdated and out of place in a five-star hotel.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityThe hotel encompasses an old Roman villa and preserves spaces like its traditional inner courtyard, peaceful gardens, and indoor Roman baths. You'll find original elements like hand-painted walls, frescoes, and stone archways in some upgraded rooms. Explore the hotel grounds and stumble upon its own archeological site with preserved columns and a mosaic floor.
LocationHotel Hospes Palacio del Bailío takes you out of the winding streets of the Jewish Quarter and into a corner of the Old Town, providing a reprieve from the city's buzz. Still, you can easily walk to the Mezquita-Catedral in less than 15 minutes, passing the Templo Romano and picturesque Plaza de la Corredera along the way.
Rooms & BathroomsRooms feature unique historical elements, including hand-painted walls, mosaics, and stone archways. Bathrooms are clean, modern, and spacious, with rainfall showers and double sinks, while suites provide Juliette balconies, garden views, and/or free-standing soaking tubs. Reserve the Junior Historic Suite to feel like you've stepped back in time, with century-old frescoes and molding, plus floor-to-ceiling windows that open to the garden.
Other HighlightsThere are quite a few amenities to enjoy at the hotel, especially its preserved indoor Roman baths. Here you'll find a thermal water circuit with pools stretching down corridors. But if you want to take your swim in the sunshine, you can enjoy the outdoor pool with a sundeck and lounge or simply relax in the gardens. The onsite restaurant is another highlight, offering outdoor dining on the patio or within a grand hall.
+34 957 498 993
Ramírez de las Casas Deza 10-12