Hotel Regina, Barcelona
Outstanding location, walking distance to many city sights. Love the historic architecture and modern decor. The breakfast included with our room was the best; many delicious... Read more
Great location for walking to all places of interest as well as access to the Metro…Staff were wonderful and happy to answer and and all questions…... Read more
This was towards the last part of our stay. It's a beautiful hotel in downtown Barcelona. It's a great hotel and is super busy. They have... Read more
The lobby area especially roomy and beautiful. Rooms are modern and simple. Lovely staff and breakfast
- The hotel is within walking distance of numerous sites, including La Rambla, Passeig de Gràcia, and Plaça de Catalunya, so you won't need to rely on taxis or public transportation to enjoy the city.
- Though recently renovated, you'll stay in a historic building with a serene and calming atmosphere (over 100 years old).
- As a family-friendly hotel, you'll have your choice of a triple or quadruple room, plus the option for connecting rooms.
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet filled with local goods, homemade cakes and pastries, and outdoor seating.
- The large lobby lounge is the perfect spot to relax, complete with a bar, bookshelves, and cozy seating.
- Guests can enjoy the rooftop terrace at the hotel's sister property next door, one of the best in the city and a local favorite.
- There's no onsite restaurant (breakfast and bar snacks only), though the hotel owns a casual eatery just down the street.
I can definitely see why Hotel Regina has a family focus, but as someone not traveling with their family, I would also love to stay here! The vibe is relaxed, homey, cozy, and even slightly rustic as if you're at your own house but with all the perks and amenities of a hotel. My favorite spots are the enormous library lounge and the outdoor breakfast nook. I visited at breakfast time, and they're not kidding when they claim to have a "home-cooked" spread.
Walking into Hotel Regina feels like an instant reprieve from bustling Barcelona. When the hotel turned 100 years old in 2017, it underwent an entire renovation. Today, the decor maintains the building's history while offering a serene vibe, greeting guests with a large lounge filled with mid-century furnishings, large sofas, bookshelves, and colorful art. The property also hosts award-winning creative events to promote local literature and music.
Set on a slightly less-busy side street, Hotel Regina Barcelona is steps away from some of the city's most popular sites, including Plaça de Catalunya, Passeig de Gràcia, and La Rambla. The hotel has a prime location at the confluence of three popular neighborhoods: the Gothic Quarter, El Raval, and Eixample. You can easily explore Barcelona on foot, but you'll also have public transportation at your door.
Rooms & Bathrooms
The property offers seven standard room types with family-friendly options: triple, quadruple, and connecting rooms. There are only two suites, so book early if you want more space. All rooms are fresh and bright with light-wooden tones to maintain a calming atmosphere, while bathrooms are clean, modern, and come with comfy robes.
You'll find a bar serving everything from local wine to creative cocktails in the spacious lobby lounge. From here, you can order platters of jamón Ibérico, pan con tomate, and wine to enjoy in your room. The breakfast is also a highlight, with homemade cakes, an abundant variety in its buffet, and outdoor seating in an inner courtyard. Other perks include in-room massages, a fitness center, and parking. If you'd like to relax on a rooftop terrace, you can use the one next door at the hotel's sister property (one of the best-rated rooftops in Barcelona).