Parador Resort and Spa, Manuel Antonio
A beautiful family-friendly resort set across 12 acres on Quepos Point with four pools, two eateries, and a nature trail.
Was everything you wanted in a vacation stay -- food, drinks, pool, beach access, central to other places you might want to visit
This is a very nice hotel. They have a variety of activities for all types of guests. We went to walk the Monkey Trail, but part... Read more
The views from this resort are spectacular. The food was excellent, the staff was courteous and the vibe was laid back and quiet.
Our experience at the Parador was fantastic. The location is amazing with a stunning view of the pacific ocean. The staff was very friendly and ensured... Read more
Breath taking views! Beautiful Spanish style hotel, outdoor dining, breakfast buffet and hiking near by. We watched the monkeys and birds from our balcony on early... Read more
The hotel owner’s love of the Spanish aesthetic led to the property’s name, as parador means “stopping point” or “resting place.” You can expect beautiful grounds with Spanish sculptures, tile work, and decor. The property is one of the most family-friendly in Manuel Antonio, with plenty to keep everyone entertained. You’ll find four pools, two eateries, two gift shops, and a garden area with nature trails, all just outside your room. Still, there’s a separate building and pool area reserved for adults-only for those seeking a quiet stay.
- This large, kid-friendly resort has many amenities to keep your entire family happily entertained. These include two pools, two restaurants, gift shops, nature trails, nearby access to Biesanz Beach, tennis courts, and a mini-golf course.
- The property is private and gated, set on 12 acres within the quiet and secluded Quepos Point, and surrounded by a beautiful and extensive garden area.
- If you’re traveling without kids, the hotel features an adults-only building and two adults-only pools.
- Enjoy dining at the onsite restaurant/bar or sushi bar.
- A shuttle service runs several times per day to the beach and national park.
- Enjoy relaxing spa services for an additional fee.
- Babysitting services are also available for an additional fee.
- Because of its more secluded location, there’s no local bus service, so leaving the property to get to Espadilla Beach or the national park requires a car or a taxi (minimum of $10).
- Although Biensanz Beach is nearby, keep in mind that the path is steep.
- Some rooms feel a little dated.
Brittany McNamara kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, March 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityParador Resort and Spa is an excellent family-friendly choice that feels like you’re in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle. The gated entrance opens up to four main buildings surrounded by tropical gardens and nature trails. Though you’re in Costa Rica, the architecture might feel a bit Spanish, especially in the common areas.
LocationThe property is on Quepos Point, a small peninsula between Biesanz Beach and the north end of Espadilla Beach. The perk here is that it’s secluded in the jungle, but you’ll be farther from the area’s restaurants and national park. You can walk to Biesanz Beach via a steep public trail, and the property’s shuttle service runs several times per day to Espadilla Beach and the national park. However, going anywhere else requires a car or taxi.
Rooms & BathroomsRooms and suites are comfortable and spacious, but the decor is relatively muted and can seem outdated in the garden room category. Suites have Jacuzzis on the balcony, and other upgraded options have multiple rooms and full kitchens—excellent for larger groups. All units have a patio or balcony with views of the jungle, ocean, or hotel garden, and it’s not uncommon to spot wildlife right from your room (including the resident sloth family).
Other HighlightsThe grounds have a little bit of everything, including four outdoor pools (two adults-only), a large garden with nature trails and wildlife viewing (with organized hikes), a mini-golf course, two restaurants, swim-up pool bars (and other bars), a spa, kids’ playroom, and tennis courts.
SustainabilityParador Resort and Spa is certified sustainable with Elite status (the highest level possible) by the Costa Rican Tourism Board. They also follow sustainability and social responsibility programs.