Arenal Manoa & Hot Springs, Arenal/La Fortuna
Extensive property with gardens, hot springs, and comfy suites, all with views of Arenal Volcano.
We only stayed 2 nights but it was lovely. Awesome hot springs with bar. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Beautiful room and view from the hotel and great service and food.
We loved this hotel, it was beautiful. We had great nights sleep on comfortable beds and a delicious breakfast every morning. The staff was friendly, kind... Read more
The staff was so friendly and so helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. The best part was the breakfast. It was THE best included... Read more
We loved our stay at Arenal Manoa & Hot Springs. The hot springs were relaxing, the food was excellent, and the staff was friendly and helpful.
Sleep in the jungle at Arenal Manoa, with its sprawling grounds complete with dense vegetation, three eateries, a swimming pool, a spa, and several hot springs pools. Each cabin houses two units, each offering a private terrace hidden by tropical plants. Stroll from your room to breakfast along twisting walkways and enjoy volcano views from every unit, plus the pool, hot springs, and restaurants.
Brittany McNamara kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, March 2022 (Learn more)
- The hotel has some of the best views in the area, with the property and each guest suite featuring vistas of Arenal Volcano.
- You don't have to leave the grounds to enjoy a Costa Rican hot springs experience, as you'll find an entire complex with several pools, typically only open to hotel guests.
- The property offers accessibility ramps at its central swimming pool and one of the hot springs pools.
- Rooms come in the form of duplex cottages sharing only one wall with another unit, meaning a quieter and more private experience.
- The onsite eateries are very tasty, and you can choose from a bistro with wood-fried pizza, light eats by the pool, or a beautiful restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The property has a section for adults-only thermal pools and Jacuzzis in the works, with a hopeful opening date in December 2022.
- Because the property is vast, it takes a bit more time to get around by foot, though a shuttle service is available.
- You'll need a driver or rental car to get around the area, as it takes about 10 minutes to get to downtown La Fortuna and longer for other sites.
- Though all rooms are comfy, most have queen beds, with only six offering king beds.
Additional Notes From BrittanyArenal Manoa reminds me a lot of the popular Arenal Springs Resort in terms of layout, views, and services. So if you're looking for a more affordable option, this could be it! I enjoyed lunch at the property's main restaurant, which was a memorable experience. Not only was the food delicious (try the tres leches!), but the views were unbeatable. As I waited for my meal, I could look over the hotel's pond, watch for wildlife, and enjoy the vistas of Arenal Volcano.
AuthenticityYou'll definitely feel like you're in Arenal at this hotel! The huge property has beautiful tropical gardens, a pond, several hot springs pools, and cabins connected by pathways, all offering those essential volcano views unique to the area.
LocationThe hotel offers a decent location in Palma, just northwest of La Fortuna. Surrounded by trees and jungle greenery, the property feels remote despite being just a 10-minute drive from downtown La Fortuna and 20 minutes to the national park. Though there's plenty to enjoy at the hotel, you'll need to hire a transfer or rent a car to reach the area's major attractions or go offsite for a meal.
Rooms & BathroomsThe suites at Arenal Manoa are all set in duplex cabins spread throughout the property. You'll only share one wall with your neighbor and have plenty of privacy on your own terrace, thanks to dense greenery. Units are clean, modern, and bright, all offering air conditioning, minifridges, and spacious bathrooms. Opt for one of the premium suites if you'd like a Jacuzzi tub in your bathroom or a king bed.
Other HighlightsThe biggest highlight at Arenal Manoa is the hot springs complex, with changing rooms, towels, a poolside eatery, and temperatures ranging from 93°F to 100.4°F. Besides the poolside restaurant—perfect for lighter fare and drinks—you'll also find a restaurant serving international cuisine and a bistro with wood-fired pizza and sandwiches. Enjoy dining al fresco with incredible views of Arenal Volcano.
SustainabilityThe hotel is a member of the Costa Rica Tourism Board's rigorous Sustainable Tourism Program, which requires an annual evaluation of elements like waste reduction and water and energy use. Arenal Manoa also established its own set of sustainability policies, which include contributing to the country's preservation of flora and fauna and supporting local businesses, among many others.
La Fortuna San Carlos