Casa Palacio VillaZambra, Ronda
Historic boutique hotel overlooking the Tajo Gorge and Puente Nuevo
Enjoy some of the best views of Puente Nuevo and El Tajo Gorge from Casa Palacio VillaZambria, a small hotel set in a historic manor. The outside is bright, fresh, welcoming, and has incredible views. However, the interiors could use a refresh, though most of the rooms offer comfortable quarters, some with private terraces. The common spaces, including a fireside lounge, dining area, and patio, all provide opportunities to enjoy the views.
- Set atop the El Tajo Gorge cliffs, some of the rooms and common areas (plus the restaurant) offer incredible views.
- You'll be in the most historic area of Ronda and just down the street from the Puente Nuevo in one direction and the start of the El Tajo Gorge walking trail in the other.
- Some of the rooms have views of the gorge, Jacuzzi tubs, and/or private terraces.
- There's a casual fireside lounge and dining area with views of the gorge.
- Though a historic building, the entire hotel could use a refresh, as the bright, inviting exterior doesn't quite match the outdated and dark interiors.
- Some of the historic elements border on tacky, but since every room is a little different, you can choose what works for you.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityThe hotel is a historic Andalusian manor house with a typically simple, white-washed exterior, wooden doors, and arched windows. You'll enter through a gate, and your first look is the patio with a fountain and exceptional views. The interiors also preserve the home's look but could use a little refresh. Still, you'll find a beautiful staircase, wood doors, stained glass, and marble.
LocationThe hotel's appeal is its location atop the cliffs overlooking the El Tajo Gorge at Puente Nuevo. The views from here are truly unmatched. You'll also be within walking distance of sites like Puente Viejo, the El Tajo Gorge trail, the Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda, and the 19th-century Alameda del Tajo park.
Rooms & BathroomsBecause the hotel is historical, each room offers a different layout and look. Some are more appealing than others, so we recommend choosing a specific room that matches your style. Opt for those with views of the gorge (which can make your stay more special) or junior suites with soaking tubs and private terraces.
Other HighlightsYou can enjoy a few common areas on the property, including a cozy lounge area, outdoor patio, and outdoor terrace overlooking the gorge. The bar/café serves breakfast in the morning, which you can enjoy on the patio.
Calle Tenorio, 10