Catalonia Ronda, Ronda
Central hotel with an incredible rooftop terrace, bar, and pool overlooking the city's historic bullring
This was by far the best hotel of the trip. It felt luxurious and was in a fantastic location. I felt like I was living the... Read more
Great views! We upgraded our room and were quite happy. Very spacious, clean and comfortable. We had champagne on the rooftop patio...wonderful!
Of all the hotel I stayed at in southern Spain, this one felt the most luxurious. Very clean and friendly staff. The hotel on the top... Read more
Stay in the heart of Ronda, just across the street from the city's famous bullring and just two minutes from Puente Nuevo and the El Tajo Gorge. Choose a room with a balcony and views over the bullring, or opt for a suite with a private terrace and pool. You can also enjoy the views from the rooftop, complete with an outdoor pool and hot tub, plus a restaurant and bar—an excellent place to spend sunset.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
- The hotel's location is very central, right across from the Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda and just a quick two-minute stroll to the Puente Nuevo and Mirador de Ronda.
- The rooftop hot tub and pool are definitely a highlight, with incredible views of the city, valley, and bullring.
- There's also a rooftop restaurant and bar with plenty of places to lounge outside and enjoy the views, but you can also dine indoors.
- Relax at the small spa with lounge chairs, a sauna, massage services, and a large indoor hot tub.
- Some of the suites have views of the bullring and Ronda's streets or a private rooftop pool and sundeck.
- Families have a few options and can book connecting rooms, units with sofa beds, or cozy quarters with bunk beds for the kids.
- Enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet with items you can choose yourself and a chef preparing hot meals.
- Rooms are clean, modern, and comfy, but feel generic, like you could be anywhere rather than in historic Ronda, Spain.
AuthenticityHotel Catalonia Ronda pays homage to the country's late-19th and early-20th-century architecture with an impressive facade painted in yellow and white—adorned with hand-crafted iron balconies. On the inside, you'll find plenty of nods to local culture, including handpainted murals of famous artists and typical Andalusian countryside.
LocationIt doesn't get much more central than Hotel Catalonia Ronda, as you'll be across the street from the Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda, placing you within walking distance of all the major sites. A quick two-minute stroll will take you to the Puente Nuevo and Mirador de Ronda, though you can tack on a few more minutes to reach the start of the El Tajo Gorge walking trail or the Puente Viejo.
Rooms & BathroomsRoom categories start at superior and deluxe with the option to upgrade to a suite. All are modern and spacious, though feel a little dark with generic decor that doesn't have much character. Many rooms have balconies with some overlooking Ronda's main commercial street and the bullring, and one of the suites offers a private rooftop pool. Bathrooms are a little small in some room categories, though clean and bright.
AmenitiesThe rooftop pool and dining are the two big highlights of the hotel. The pool is open year-round, featuring a Jacuzzi and a sundeck. You can also enjoy a unique view right into the city's famed bullring, plus the gorge and mountains in the distance up here from the rooftop bar and lounge area, an ideal spot to watch the sunset. You'll also find a small spa with a large indoor hot tub, sauna, and massage services. Although there are no rooms specifically designed for accessibility, the hotel has elevators and ramps to make it easy to get around with a wheelchair.
Family-FriendlinessCatalonia Ronda is family-friendly, welcoming children of all ages, with infants under two staying for free; complimentary baby cribs are available upon request. There are family suites with bunk beds, and kid-friendly meals can be requested in the restaurant.
Other HighlightsThe hotel also offers a breakfast buffet, tapas bar, and parking. The Gastrobar serves a variety of tapas and international dishes, along with cocktails and a range of drinks with views of the Ronda bullring. There is also the Panorámico Restaurant which offers Andalucian cuisine with a modernist twist, serving a unique menu where local dishes are fused with an Asian touch.
+34 952 870 300
Avenida Virgen de la Paz, 16