- The hotel's location is very central, right across from the Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda and just a quick two-minute stroll to the Puente Nuevo and Mirador de Ronda.
- The rooftop hot tub and pool are definitely a highlight, with incredible views of the city, valley, and bullring.
- There's also a rooftop restaurant and bar with plenty of places to lounge outside and enjoy the views, but you can also dine indoors.
- Relax at the small spa with lounge chairs, a sauna, massage services, and a large indoor hot tub.
- Some of the suites have views of the bullring and Ronda's streets or a private rooftop pool and sundeck.
- Families have a few options and can book connecting rooms, units with sofa beds, or cozy quarters with bunk beds for the kids.
- Enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet with items you can choose yourself and a chef preparing hot meals.
- Rooms are clean, modern, and comfy, but feel generic, like you could be anywhere rather than in historic Ronda, Spain.
AuthenticityHotel Catalonia Ronda pays homage to the country's late-19th and early-20th-century architecture with an impressive facade painted in yellow and white—adorned with hand-crafted iron balconies. On the inside, you'll find plenty of nods to local culture, including handpainted murals of famous artists and typical Andalusian countryside.
LocationIt doesn't get much more central than Hotel Catalonia Ronda, as you'll be across the street from the Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda, placing you within walking distance of all the major sites. A quick two-minute stroll will take you to the Puente Nuevo and Mirador de Ronda, though you can tack on a few more minutes to reach the start of the El Tajo Gorge walking trail or the Puente Viejo.
Rooms & BathroomsRoom categories start at superior and deluxe with the option to upgrade to a suite. All are modern and spacious, though feel a little dark with generic decor that doesn't have much character. Many rooms have balconies with some overlooking Ronda's main commercial street and the bullring, and one of the suites offers a private rooftop pool. Bathrooms are a little small in some room categories, though clean and bright.
Other HighlightsThe rooftop pool and dining are the two big highlights of the hotel. You'll enjoy a unique view right into the city's famed bullring, plus the gorge and mountains in the distance. Both are ideal spots to watch the sunset. You'll also find a small spa with a large indoor hot tub, sauna, and massage services. The hotel also offers a breakfast buffet, tapas bar, and parking.
Great views! We upgraded our room and were quite happy. Very spacious, clean and comfortable. We had champagne on the rooftop patio...wonderful! read more
Of all the hotel I stayed at in southern Spain, this one felt the most luxurious. Very clean and friendly staff. The hotel on the top floor is really good too! read more
This hotel was in a fabulous location over looking the bull ring and valley in the beautiful town of Ronda. The room was spacious and updated decor lovely. The staff friendly and breakfast good.
The one thing I did not like about this hotel was the cleanliness of the floor in the bathroom. It was noticeably dirty and when I wiped it with a white washcloth the cloth was black with dirt. I asked the front desk to clean the floor but don’t think they did as the floor remained dirty. For me... read more