Hotel Montelirio, Ronda
Charming hotel with historic rooms and exceptional views of the Puente Nuevo and Tajo Gorge
Beautiful hotel in style with the surroundings we'd come to visit. Incredible views from my bed of the gorge!
Only a few hotels sit atop the El Tajo Gorge cliffs next to the Puente Nuevo, and Hotel Montelirio is one. Set in the historic Old Town, enjoy views of the bridge and gorge from your room or the plunge pool. The onsite restaurant is popular with the public, offering unmatched vistas to go with your lunch or dinner. You'll also find a fireside lounge and a beautiful indoor courtyard to enjoy.
- Get some of the best views of El Tajo Gorge from your room and/or the hotel's common areas, as this property hugs the cliffs next to Puente Nuevo.
- The main sites are right out your door, including the historic Old Town and Puente Viejo, plus the El Tajo Gorge walking trail.
- The onsite Albacara Restaurant, known for its views of the gorge and valley, is the perfect spot for a meal, as the scenery from your table is truly remarkable.
- Relax in the typical Andalusian courtyard, a cozy den with wood-beamed ceilings, or the outdoor plunge pool.
- Enjoy a daily breakfast buffet in a quaint dining area resembling a traditional Andalusian bar.
- The rooms vary quite a bit, so while some channel the quaintness of the hotel, others have dark and slightly gaudy decor.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityHotel Montelirio reinvented a historic home sitting atop the cliffs of El Tajo Gorge. The historical decor of a traditional Andalusian home paired with the views of Puente Nuevo and the gorge is unmatched in the city.
LocationEnjoy staying in the oldest part of Ronda, which features charming streets and narrow passages. You'll be around the corner from Puente Nuevo, and down the road is where the El Tajo Gorge walking trail starts. Other attractions within walking distance include Puente Viejo, the Mirador de Los Viajeros Románticos, the Bullring of the Royal Cavalry of Ronda, and Alameda del Tajo park with its Mirador de Ronda.
Rooms & BathroomsThe hotel offers standard and superior rooms, plus suites. Because the hotel occupies a historic home, all rooms vary in design and decor, some being brighter and more stylish than others. Some have darker color combos and outdated bedding, whereas others feel fresh with a charming vintage vibe. Opt for a room with a balcony to enjoy the hotel's famous views.
Other HighlightsThe onsite restaurant is a bit meat-heavy, though tasty for non-vegetarians, and offers incredible views of the gorge. Because it's so popular and open to the public, snag a reservation early, especially if you want to dine on the terrace. Because of its location, you can't park onsite, though the hotel has a designated loading zone and can arrange nearby public parking. The cozy lounge and plunge pool are great places to relax.
+952 87 38 55
Calle Tenorio, 8