Olive Green, Heraklion
Modern smart hotel with minimalist eco-friendly rooms and an all-day restaurant
The Olive Green in Heraklion was also a good hotel . We weren't there for very long, but our stay was good!
Excellent location, very comfortable, nice staff.
Really nice room. Shower, toilet and sink were each located in a different part of the room so more than one person could be doing their... Read more
Fabulous room, great location, helpful staff. Wonderfully located. We were able to walk around in town (less than 10 minutes from hotel) and get some shopping... Read more
Very nice stay! Great location, staff and breakfast was delicious. Would stay again!
The theme of traditional Crete runs throughout the 47 rooms of the boutique Olive Green Hotel, which focuses on nature and sustainability in the heart of Heraklion’s center. Images of Crete’s culture and landscape are featured in each room along with tablets and technological setups to connect with your phone. Enjoy a meal or drink in the chic and cozy restaurant lounge next to the lobby or book an in-room spa treatment in this pet-friendly hotel that is ideal for couples, friends, and folks with wheelchairs.
Olivia Typaldos kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, February 2023 (Learn more)
- This smart hotel uses tablets, QR codes, and eco-friendly setups to make guests’ stay convenient and sustainable.
- Guests are in the middle of Heraklion’s old center thanks to this location off of the 626 Park, where you can find restaurants, shops, and monuments all within easy walking distance.
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms are available for those with mobility access needs.
- Sample Greek and international flavors throughout the day at the bright and modern 626 All Day Lounge on the ground floor.
- Noise can be an issue here due to the central location, especially during the high season, so book a room on a higher floor if you’re a light sleeper.
- Family rooms are available but only with cots or sofabeds, so they may feel a bit cramped or uncomfortable for some.
AuthenticityThe theme of "olive" is found in the large photos of olive trees, traditional dancers, and other Cretan imagery in all the rooms. The “green” refers to its eco-friendly smart hotel approach. Both concepts come together most clearly in the QR codes that are on each large photograph of Crete in the rooms. Scan it to find out more about the history of the tradition that's shown or even to see where that particular site is located.
LocationThe hotel borders the small 626 Park in Heraklion’s center, which makes it ideal for anyone who wants to easily explore Heraklion. Step outside and have a coffee in the park or start the day at the Archaeological Museum, which is just two minutes away by foot. Walk five minutes to Lion Square for some pastries and sight-seeing. The waterfront and Venetian Fortress are about 10 minutes walking, while the Palace of Knossos is 20 minutes away by car.
Rooms & BathroomsAll 47 rooms are eco-friendly and equipped with technology that links to a smartphone, so guests can easily check out, get information about Heraklion, and adjust room settings to their liking. The rooms are minimalist with warm neutral colors, olive wood furniture, and images of Crete’s customs and landscapes that you can learn more about by scanning a QR code on the photo. Guests can book either a city or park view and the urban and OG rooms have balconies.
Meramvellou & Idomeneos St.