- Kayak and trek through the rainforest at Lago Mascardi
- Go on a day-long wine tasting tour exploring the grapes in Mendoza
- Sail to Victoria Island and stroll through the Arrayanes Forest
- Take in the wonderous Iguazú Falls from the iconic Devil’s Throat
|Day 1||Arrival in Bariloche and Guided Tour||Bariloche|
|Day 2||Day trip to Mascardi Lake||Bariloche|
|Day 3||Day trip to Victoria Island and Arrayanes Forest||Bariloche|
|Day 4||Fly to Mendoza||Mendoza|
|Day 5||Wine tasting day trip in Mendoza||Mendoza|
|Day 6||Fly to Iguazú||Iguazú|
|Day 7||Iguazú Falls tour and fly to Buenos Aires|
Day 1: Arrival in Bariloche and guided tour
Welcome to Argentina! When you arrive at the airport in Bariloche, your chaperone will be waiting for you at your terminal and will drive you to your hotel to check in and get settled.
In the afternoon, your private guide will pick you up from your hotel in the center of Bariloche. Your guide will have a comfortable vehicle for transport, which will vary, depending on the size of your travel group. During this 4-hour tour, your guide will lead you on the discovery of breathtaking scenery surrounding the Lakes District of Bariloche. You will get to visit all of Bariloche's most important mountain landmarks. You will learn all about the local history while passing through the meadows, forests, and mountains of this beautiful region. The tour covers about 40 miles and explores the best spots around the Nahuel Huapi Lake.
You will walk the shores of Nahuel Huapi Lake toward Cerro Campanario, which offers gorgeous photo opportunities. Then, your guide will take you to the Llao Llao Peninsula with its calming environment and landscape, and you will experience Puerto Panuelo, where many depart from when traveling. You will continue the exploration in nearby Lopez Bay, Lopez Hill, and the El Trebol Lagoon, with its sweeping, blue views and lush greenery.
While passing through the best highlights of the region, your exclusive guide will explain how this little mountain village has changed into one of the most attractive tourist cities in Patagonia.
Around 7 pm, you will head to Gilbert Brewery, where you will be welcomed with a beer and snack pairing typical to the region. The brewery is located on a natural viewpoint, and is surrounded by the forest and facing Moreno Lake, which offers a spectacular setting.
Then, you will return to your hotel in the center of Bariloche to get some rest after your first full day of exploration.
Day 2: Day trip to Mascardi Lake
Good Morning! Today, you will embark on an exciting adventure of kayaking and trekking at Lago Mascardi. Your driver will pick you up from your hotel and take you on the 45-minute drive south of Bariloche, along the famed Ruta 40, to the lake.
Your first destination is a lakeshore campsite owned by the local, indigenous community. Here, you will hop into your kayak and begin paddling toward Playa Leones, the most beautiful beach on Mascardi. Once you arrive at this tranquil pebble beach, you will be able to relax on the shore and enjoy the surrounding wilderness.
Next, you will embark on a nature trek through native coihue forest until you reach a secluded lagoon. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings before it is time to head back to Playa Leones, where you will enjoy lunch by the laid-back shore. Finally, you will kayak back to the starting point and return to Bariloche.
Take some time to unwind after your day of adventuring. Then, make sure to head back out in Bariloche to enjoy the local fare. For dinner, you can visit:
- La Parilla de Julian: This family-run steak restaurant is a local favorite.
- Butterfly: Here, you can enjoy an extensive, rotating, seven-course tasting menu.
- Alto El Fuego: Another great option for steak, you can also expect an impressive wine list here.
Save some room for dessert, so you can taste the flavors at Helados Jauja, which, according to locals, serves the best ice cream in town!
Day 3: Day trip to Victoria Island and Arrayanes Forest
Depending on your preference, you can request a morning or early afternoon pickup from your hotel. Your driver will then take you to Puerto Pañuelo, where you will set sail among a landscape of snowy mountains and lush forests. Navigating along the clear waters of Lake Nahuel Huapi, you will eventually reach Victoria Island, which boasts beautiful high cliffs.
Here, you will stroll through the pine and birch trees of the Arrayanes Forest as you absorb the stories and legends they hold. A reserve of native small Pudu pudu deer and golden pheasants, along with a warm lodge, allow the island to come alive.
Following a bit more exploration, the tour continues up to Quetrihue peninsula, where you will find the famous Myrtle Forest. It is a unique wonder because of its size, density, and development. As you gaze upon the myrtle trees, a unique Andean species, you will notice them covered with white flowers or snow, which truly gives this forest a magical feel.
As the sun begins to set on the Andes mountains, you will return to shore. Then, you will be driven back to your hotel in Bariloche. Enjoy the evening on your own time. For dinner, visit one of the recommended restaurants.
Day 4: Fly to Mendoza
Today, it is time to say goodbye to Bariloche. However, plenty of fun–including wine tasting–awaits you on the next leg of your trip, in Mendoza! In the morning, your driver will pick you up and take you to the airport. Then, you will board your flight to Mendoza. When you arrive in Mendoza, a driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel.
Once you are settled, the rest of the day is yours to explore. Since tomorrow is dedicated to wine tasting, take some time to explore other exciting areas. You can:
- Go on a half-day, guided horseback riding tour with views of the Andes.
- Enjoy the thrill of paragliding from the summit of Cerro Arco.
- Embark on a whitewater rafting trip on the Mendoza River.
- Hike the Aconcagua in Parque Provincial, the highest peak in the Western Hemisphere.
- Visit the Plaza Independencia in the city’s center, along with its dancing fountains and local artisans.
- Stroll through the Peatonal Sarmiento and enjoy the local restaurants, cafés, and shops.
- Learn the local history on a browse through the Museo del Area Fundacional
For dinner, enjoy a local parrilla (steakhouse). Local favorites include El Patio de Jesus Maria, La Lucia, and Cordillera Vinos y Fuegos. If you feel like splurging, be sure to visit world-renowned native chef Francis Mallman’s 1884 Restaurant.
Day 5: Wine tasting day trip in Mendoza
In the morning, it is time to embark on the exciting journey to Lujan de Cuyo and Maipú, located about 12.5 miles from the city of Mendoza. Your private guide will accompany you on this tour of the wine region, teaching you all the history along the way.
During your first winery tour, you will visit and learn about the winemaking process, which will, of course, conclude with a tasting from the winery, itself.
You will continue the day, along with your guide, as you visit another selected winery for a tasting, where you will meet the developers. Lunch will be served in one of the winery’s warehouses, where you will enjoy a gourmet menu with wines from the cellar.
After lunch, there is one more winery on the tour to visit. Once you have had your fill of tastes, your guide will take you back to your hotel in Mendoza.
In the evening, enjoy dinner on your own, and make sure to pair some of your new favorite wines! Have a final drink in Mendoza at a local spot, like Hangar 52, Antares, or Ginger.
Day 6: Fly to Iguazú
Now that you have had your fair share of wine, it is time to get back to adventuring! A driver will pick you up at your hotel in Mendoza and drive you to the airport, where you will fly to Iguazú. When you touch down, another driver will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
Once you arrive at your hotel, you will have the rest of the day to explore Puerto Iguazú and its surroundings. Even though you will be visiting the iconic Iguazú Falls tomorrow, there are other adventures to embark on today, like:
- Stopping at the Güirá Oga animal refuge, where you can take a 90-minute tour.
- Going to Casa Ecológica de Botellas, which is a unique house made of plastic bottles and other recycled materials.
- Taking in the breathtaking vistas at Las Tres Fronteras, where the Iguazú and Parana rivers meet.
- Shopping on a visit to the Comunidad Guarani Yriapu, which is an indigenous community that lives a sustainable lifestyle.
- Having fun at La Aripuca, which is a theme park that educates on deforestation.
Make sure to have one, last Argentinian dinner tonight. Some restaurants to consider in Puerto Iguazú include De La Fonte, Feria, La Rueda, and La Dama Juana.
Day 7: Iguazú Falls tour and fly to Buenos Aires
Good Morning! Today is your last day of the trip, and there is an unforgettable excursion in store. Your driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Iguazú Falls National Park, where you will spend the day discovering the riches.
Once you are inside the park, you have the option to walk along three different circuits, which will allow you to experience the magnificence of Argentinian nature. The circuits include:
- Upper Circuit: These elevated catwalks reside 2,600 feet high, and are detached from the jungle surface to protect the fauna by preventing the disruption of their nature trails. From this circuit, you will have an upper look at the Iguazú Falls. Enjoying the full panoramic views from up high! Tour Duration: 1 hour
- Lower Circuit: Take in the views from below and around the Iguazú Falls. This circuit provides a unique experience, where you can feel at one with your natural surroundings, watching and sensing their magnitude from up close. Tour Duration: 2 hours
- Devil’s Throat: Departing from Cataratas Station, you will take a train that goes up to Garganta Station in about 18 minutes. Then, a walk along the catwalks, which are about 4,000 feet over the islands, will allow you to enjoy the most spectacular sight from the most important balcony: the Devil’s Gorge. This is the largest fall of the Iguazú Falls. Tour Duration: 2 hours
Following your grand finale exploration of Iguazú Falls, your driver will return you directly to your hotel. It will be time to collect your belongings, and you will then ride to the airport. You will fly to Buenos Aires, where you can enjoy the city at your leisure, before returning home.