URSO Hotel & Spa
Luxury spa-hotel in a neoclassical building with stained-glass windows, marble floors, and a restored central patio
Set in the northern reaches of trendy Malasaña and Chueca neighborhoods, you have your pick of metro stations to easily zip around the city, though you can still walk to sites like Gran Vía, Puerta del Sol, and El Retiro Park. The hotel's decor reflects its Art Deco past, especially in the posh rooms, atmospheric Greenhouse Restaurant, and elegant lobby bar, which features nightly live piano music and champagne.
- Enjoy your stay in a historical building from 1915, which once housed a paper company.
- Since you'll be near three metro stations, you can easily get almost anywhere in the city. If you prefer to walk, enjoy strolls through hip neighborhoods like Tribunal, Chueca, and Malasaña and sites such as Gran Vía and El Retiro Park.
- The hotel has two restaurants, plus a lobby bar and opportunities for exclusive private dining.
- Spend some time at the spa with body treatments, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Opt for one of the suites with a private terrace, sun loungers, and outdoor dining to enjoy a few more perks.
- Unlike most luxury options on our list, URSO doesn't have quite as many common spaces (like lounges) to enjoy.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityHoused in a building from 1915—the former home of a paper company—the URSO does an excellent job maintaining its past. You'll find original stained glass lining the hotel's staircase, plus a renovated inner courtyard patio, marble floors, wood-lined walls, and tiling.
LocationURSO's location is perfect for those wanting to experience the local feel of Madrid without being too far from the action. You'll be at the confluence of three trendy and picturesque neighborhoods: Tribunal, Cheuca, and Malasaña. Still, the heart of the city (Puerta del Sol) is just a 15-minute walk away, though you'll also have your pick of three nearby metro stations.
Rooms & BathroomsAt URSO, even the standard rooms feel a bit like suites, with seating areas, desks, and a bright and comfy vibe, plus marble bathrooms with tubs and robes. Of course, you can upgrade to one of the many suites, which add perks like four-poster beds, private terraces, leather sofas, and dining areas. If you're traveling with your family, the two-bedroom, two-bathroom suite might be the perfect option.
Other HighlightsDubbed "The URSO Experience," the hotel offers many ways to enjoy the property. Spend time at the spa, complete with treatments, an indoor pool, and fitness center, or relax in the lobby bar for nightly piano evenings paired with glasses of champagne. You'll also find two restaurants on-site, The Greenhouse with its glass ceiling and bamboo garden, and Half Portion Restaurant, a traditional Madrid bistro with a wine cellar.
Mejía Lequerica 8