Villa Real Hotel, Madrid
Stately hotel with timeless decor, family rooms, and a gastro bar with a terrace right on Plaza de las Cortes
Enjoy a historical and picturesque location right on Plaza de las Cortes and within walking distance of sites like Neptune Fountain, El Retiro Park, and Puerta del Sol. The hotel serves a varied breakfast buffet in an elegant atmosphere, complete with a chandelier, plus offers a gastro bar with outdoor dining. Some rooms have private sundecks, and family rooms feature two levels.
- Enjoy a luxury hotel in the center of it all, as you'll be within walking distance of major sites, such as El Retiro Park, Neptune Fountain, Puerta del Sol, and Plaza Mayor.
- The hotel serves a varied breakfast buffet and has a Mediterranean-inspired gastro bar with a terrace overlooking the parliament and Plaza de las Cortes.
- Though the hotel doesn't have a pool of its own, guests have access to the outdoor terrace, sun deck, and year-round pool at its sister property, Hotel Urban, two blocks away.
- Family rooms sleep up to four people and feature a split-level design, plus a private terrace.
- Suites offer private sun terraces and separate seating areas.
- You won't find as many amenities here as you might expect from a five-star hotel.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityKnown as a "museum hotel," Villa Real features an art and archeology collection you can enjoy in its common spaces. Peruse the Roman mosaics and statues, plus Apulian vessels from Magna Graecia. This exhibition is one of the most important private collections in all of Spain.
LocationEnjoy an ideal location within the romantic Literary Quarter while still being steps away from all the big sites, including the Neptune Fountain, El Retiro Park, Prado Museum, and Puerta del Sol. Many of the rooms overlook the picturesque Plaza de las Cortes, where you'll find the Spanish parliament.
Rooms & BathroomsChoose from superior rooms and suites, all following the hotel's theme of timeless decor that channels the building's 19th-century history. Some overlook the plaza below, while others add private terraces with sun loungers. The family room is ideal for those traveling with their brood, as it sleeps up to four and has a split-level design.
Other HighlightsEnjoy your extensive breakfast buffet in an elegant dining room downstairs. For other meals, you can dine at the onsite gastro bar, which features Mediterranean-inspired cuisine and traditional tapas and drinks out on the terrace. Though not at the property, guests have access to an outdoor terrace and pool two blocks away at Villa Real's sister property.
Plaza de las Cortes 10