Wellington Hotel & Spa Madrid, Madrid
Historic mid-century spa-hotel set in Madrid's upscale Salamanca neighborhood and just a few blocks from El Retiro Park
Enjoy your stay in Salamanca, one of the poshest neighborhoods in Madrid and within walking distance of sites like El Retiro Park, Prado Museum, and Gran Vía. The hotel's spa is beautiful and spacious, with body treatments, a soaking tub, a Finnish spa, and a Hamman. If you like to enjoy your soak outside, visit the outdoor pool area with a bar and sundeck. For food, you have your choice of three themed restaurants, plus two bars, a bakery, Sunday brunch, and picnic baskets for a relaxed afternoon with the locals at Retiro.
- You'll find Wellington Hotel & Spa in the posh neighborhood of Salamanca, putting you within walking distance to some of Madrid's best eateries, shopping, and the famed El Retiro Park.
- Take a break from sightseeing by relaxing in the onsite spa, offering treatments like body scrubs, massages, and facials, plus a sauna, pool, and Hammam.
- With its location in the upscale foodie area of Madrid, you'll find three themed restaurants (Japanese, Basque, and Mediterranean), two bars, a bakery, and an organic garden, all on-site.
- The hotel hosts an elegant Sunday brunch that locals love.
- Wellington is one of the few hotels in Madrid with an outdoor pool, complete with a sundeck, loungers, and a bar.
- For those preferring a more intimate hotel, keep in mind that Wellington is the largest property on our list, with over 200 rooms.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityOpened in 1952, Wellington Hotel & Spa sits in a protected building, as it showcases the city's architectural heritage. You can't help but notice its unique top-floor structure and iconic vintage signage.
LocationSalamanca is one of Madrid's most upscale neighborhoods, filled with high-end shopping, luxury hotels, and fine dining. You can experience the city's glitz and glam while still being able to walk to important sites, including El Retiro Park, the Prado Museum, Gran Vía, Puerto del Sol, and Puerta de Alcalá.
Rooms & BathroomsRooms offer classy decor, though they can feel a little dark with heavy draping and slightly outdated dark-wood furnishings. If you'd like to splurge, book a suite within the hotel's "Wellington Club," set on the top floor with a private lounge, bar, outdoor terrace, breakfast service, cigar cellar, and library.
Other HighlightsThe Wellington Hotel & Spa is one of the few accommodations in Madrid with an outdoor pool. Relax with a swim, nap on a sun lounger, or sip a cocktail. Of course, the hotel also features a beautiful spa, complete with a treatment menu, fitness center, Finnish sauna, hydrotherapy soaking pool, and Hammam. There are also three themed restaurants, two bars, and a bakery on-site, plus options for Sunday brunch, a gourmet picnic basket, and English tea.