“This trip is for my 65th birthday. I would like the experience whilst still being fit.
We love the outdoors and are quite adventurous. All of the activities that I have read about sound appealing; it's just choosing the right ones.”
Trip planning highlights
8 days |Tromsø | Winter Highlights in the North
Summary of the trip planning conversation
My name is Linda. I am from Norway and have been working and traveling in the country for many years and love helping travelers with customized holiday plans! Great to be connected with you and it would be my pleasure to help planning a lifetime experience!
You are absolutely right, it is about finding the right thing to do!
In March, you are still able to see the Northern Lights, maybe that would be a great experience!?
I will send you some suggestions that you can have a look at. Let me know if that is something you would want to do, or if you had something else in mind!
Looking forward to hear from you!
Hi Linda, I have only recently looked at your suggestions for our trip to Norway in March 2018 to celebrate my 65th birthday. I am very interested in the 8 day trip to Tromso Winter Highlights in the North. please could you provide further details I.e. price etc.
Great to hear from you! It is a lovely trip, I will work on it according to you dates and send a proposal. You should have it today or tomorrow.
Have a great day!
Thanks for your quick response. The eight day trip sounds very appealing. Before booking I would like to ask the following questions:
Will we be travelling with a group of other travellers?
How many meals are included in the trip ?
Will we be given an idea on what sort of clothes to bring.
Will there be a Rep to meet us when arriving?
Will we receive a full itinary once the holiday is booked?
I would like the trip to commence on 5th March 2018 for 8 days
Yes, eight days is a nice length! Here are my answers.
1) No, you will be traveling on your own. But the activities will be together with other people.
2) All the meals in Malangen is included (breakfast, lunch and dinners), on the sami overnight in lavvoo dinner is included, and in Tromsø only breakfast is included. Total on an eight day trip: all breakfast, 2 lunches and 4 dinners
3) Yes, I will send you a packing list.
4) No, it will be a meeting point. As the set up times for transfer to Malangen is once in the morning and once in the afternoon, it may not fit with your flight schedule. Then there are two two ways we can do this pick up. 1) is to organize a private transfer to Malangen (1 hr drive) or you spend the first night in Tromsø and take the morning transfer the day after at 09:00AM.
5) Tomorrow, I will prepare the 8 - day itinerary with details. If you are happy with it, then you book. There is a 10% deposit when you book, and the remaining is due 6 weeks before arrival. When you have booked, I will confirm the reservations and you will receive the detailed information with reference numbers etc.
I hope I managed to answer your questions, and let me know if you have any more!
I will prepare for the 8 days trip, starting on the 5th of March.
Let me know if you already know your flight arrivals.
I have found a good flight, but unfortunately need to make the trip a week earlier; that is from 26th February 2018 to 5th March. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.
Arrival time into Tromso on 26th February - 18.50
If this is okay, then I will book as soon as I hear from you.
A week earlier should be fine! I will finalize the trip for you tomorrow, so you can book it.
Have a good night!
Hi Christine, Thank you for your booking!
I confirm we have received it and will work on reserving and confirming your holiday!
When you have time, please fill in traveler info.
Most important now is name, phone number and birthday.
Have a great day!
We had a fantastic memorable holiday experience in Norway. Both Tromso and Malangen were stunningly beautiful. The trips and the guides were excellent; we loved the dog sledding and the overnight Sami experience. The holiday was both adventurous and cultural; learning about the Sami people was fascinating and the environment and scenery were amazing.
We were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights on two occasions, both in Tromso., which is quite an experience!
We are very grateful to Linda, who arranged our holiday for us, she did a great job! The accommodation and food were first class.
We will be recommending kimkim to our friends. Thank you for a memorable experience.