Casa Morisca Hotel
Historic hotel and recipient of a national restoration award, set at the foot of the Alhambra Palace
Hotel Casa Morisca is an award-winning historic hotel in Granada, honored for its impeccable restoration efforts. You'll stay in a beautiful 15th-century Moorish house and enjoy breakfast in its downstairs cistern. The hotel is just up the street from Paseo de los Tristes in the historic Albaicín, and some rooms offer views of the Alhambra.
- The hotel received Spain's Europa Nostra Award for restoration, so you'll sleep among authentic decor and historical details.
- You'll be across from the Alhambra, just up the street from the Paseo de los Tristes, which has beautiful views of the Palace and Darro River.
- Set in the Albaicín neighborhood, you can easily walk to several sites, including Moorish houses, viewpoints, the Sacromonte area, and the Cathedral.
- There's free parking available right at the hotel's entrance, which is unique for this area of Granada.
- Enjoy breakfast in a historic cistern and relax in the traditional inner courtyard.
- The rooms on the top floor facing the river feature Alhambra views.
- You'll be further from the city center (but closer to the Albaicín and Alhambra).
- The street is very touristy, so the neighborhood feels a little busy, though the hotel remains quiet.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityIt's hard to beat this hotel in terms of history and authenticity. It's an award-winning restoration project transforming a traditional 15th-century Moorish house into a hotel. Enjoy eating breakfast in an old cistern, relax in the traditional inner courtyard, and marvel at its preserved elements, including tiled flooring, wooden balconies, and stone columns.
LocationThe location is ideal if you want to be in the Albaicín neighborhood yet close to the Darro River and views of the Alhambra. The hotel is just steps away from the Paseo de los Tristes with river and Alhambra views, plus statues, a park, and several outdoor cafés. You'll also be within walking distance of many sites, including the Sacromonte neighborhood, Catedral de Granada, and all the best viewpoints.
Rooms & BathroomsThe rooms offer beautiful quarters with antique furnishings, tiled floors, and wood-beamed ceilings. We recommend booking early to secure one of the top-floor rooms with vaulted ceilings and truly incredible Alhambra views (some with Juliette balconies). The standard rooms have windows opening up to the inner courtyard, so you won't get any views and this design can make the rooms noisy during the day. Bathrooms are small and a little outdated, but might charm you with the vintage tiling.
Other HighlightsEnjoy the hotel's historic charm, such as eating your daily breakfast in a landmark cistern and relaxing on the inner courtyard balconies. One of the biggest perks of Hotel Casa Morisca is its free parking right at the property's entrance, which can be challenging to find in the Albaicín neighborhood.
+34 958 221 100
Cuesta de la Victoria 9
Mexico | Reviewed on Dec 05, 2022
Very cool place! And located in some of the coolest nighttime views I had during my trip. It is on the edge of town but still close enough to all the bars and tapas. read more