Hotel Boutique Puerta de las Granadas, Granada
Modern hotel on the same street leading to the Alhambra with an onsite restaurant and rooftop terraces
This modern, bright, slightly chic hotel offers a unique location just two minutes from the historic 16th-century Puerta de las Granadas, a stone archway leading to the Alhambra. This site is where the property gets its name, Hotel Puerta De Las Granadas. You'll find several amenities to enjoy, including an onsite restaurant, library, and gym, but its main highlight is the rooftop terrace, divided into three areas with exceptional views.
- Set on Cuesta de Gomérez, you'll be on a picturesque street that makes its way through the 16th-century stoned arches and to the Alhambra, which is just a 15-minute walk.
- In the other direction, you can easily walk to sites like Iglesia de San Gil y Santa Ana, the Catedral de Granada, and the Albaicín.
- Enjoy exceptional views from the rooftop terrace, which provides three different areas to relax.
- There's a simple breakfast buffet each morning, and you can enjoy other meals at the onsite restaurant.
- Besides the terraces, you'll find a few other relaxing areas, including a small courtyard and library.
- Rooms are simple and modern, though some include perks like balconies, private patios, and whirlpool tubs.
- Standard rooms feel a bit plain compared to other options, and the bathrooms are quite small.
Ash Merscher kimkim staff
Based on kimkim staff visit, June 2022 (Learn more)
AuthenticityThough you won't find any historical elements at this property, you will be along a historic street that leads to the 16th-century arched entrance (Puerta de las Granadas) to the Cuesta de Gomérez park. This green space includes a stone walkway lined with trees and statues, leading to the Alhambra.
LocationHotel Puerta De Las Granadas offers a unique location, nearly halfway between the Alhambra and the Catedral de Granada, so it's very walkable. It's also a good option for those who want to be in a quieter part of the city yet still close to all the popular sites and charming hidden corners. You can easily enjoy the buzz of the Albaicín and the city center, then head back to your reprieve on the hill.
Rooms & BathroomsSome rooms are a bit better than others, so we suggest bypassing the standard options and booking one with either a private patio, balcony, or Alhambra views. For more space, opt for a studio. These rooms have one double and two twin beds, which also work well for families. The bathrooms are clean but very small.
Other HighlightsYou'll enjoy quite a few amenities for a standard hotel, including a large breakfast buffet, an onsite restaurant, and common spaces like a courtyard and library. You'll also find a gym on the lower floor and three terraces on the rooftop. Grab a drink from the bar and enjoy it on the rooftop at sunset.
Cuesta de Gomerez, nº16